What's new

Deleting photos

simonb17

Reaction score
Am new to all this so please bear with me. How do i delete photos on my iphone 4 s in photo stream and all other files. Doing my head in now lol. Any info would b appriciated

Make sure you are updated to iOS 5.1.

Click on Photo.
Open Photo Stream.
Click on the top right icon.
Click on each photo.
Click on delete in the lower right.

Skull One said:

Click on Photo.
Open Photo Stream.
Click on each photo.

Thanks for that. Worked a treat. How do you get rid of photos for albums u have created and photo library

Skull One said:

Click on Photo.
Open Photo Stream.
Click on each photo.

Thanks for that mate. Just need to know now how u delete photos for photo library and a folder i created. Any ideas?

The "Photo Library" is simply pointers to all photos on the phone. Hence the "Photo Library" doesn't take up any space on the phone and you can not directly delete from it.

There are two types of "Folders" (which are called albums). The ones you create from Photo's already on the phone and the ones you created from iTunes.

Any album you create in iTunes and transfer to the phone must be deleted in iTunes and re-synced.

Any album you create on the phone from existing pictures can be deleted the same way as you did for the Photo Stream, except you open the Album you want then proceed with the last three steps.