What's new

Deleting An iPhone Account

clayfeet

Reaction score
I have two iPhone accounts under two gmail addresses, let's call then a and b. The first account I established way back in 2010 and needs to be deleted. The second (b) account was setup with iTunes in 2012 and needs to be retained.

All data (music, playlists and pictures) is sync'd onto my desktop computer. I do not use iCloud or any Apple email addresses.

I cannot delete "a' using Settings>iCloud>Sign Out as the function asks for the "a" password which is disallowed.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

bear7962, I appreciate your response; however, after a careful read none of the suggestions allow me to remove the "a" account.

Interestingly, even iForgot cannot find the "a" account with my name and email address although my iPhone shows the "a" account as the iCloud login, and the "b" account. connected to the iTunes & App Store.

I remain perplexed.

Try the following:
Go to https://appleid.apple.com/uk/ and login with your b account. Change the email address to the a account, and then try to logout in iCloud, using the password of your b account. If you succeed, you can return to your b account address again. Use the same site as before to revert the email address.