What's new

deleted

ajh103 said:
Hi I am still quite new to all this, I just downloaded the firmware from some site rather than upgrading in iTunes because it was a smaller file. If you download the firmware from another site does that make it a custom Ipsw? I'm not sure what you mean by why didn't you restore from iTunes because there what not be ios 5 to restore to. Anyway, to answer your second question, i restored from backup because I thought if you set it up as new you wouldn't be able to use your iTunes account to register it because it thinks its on another one. Please tell me what to do!!! Much help appreciated!! :)

**UPDate**
I'm not sure if it wa a custom Ipsw I'm not sure how to tell I think that part of the post was incorrect

A custom ipsw is one that is created without the baseband (and name starts with No_BB) and the purpose is to update ios and preserving baseband for IPHONES that rely on UNLOCK to work with another carrier.

The ipsw is a certain size. You cant download "smaller size", thats silly. You can download the regular file and do shift-restore in itunes if you have issues with your internet and you dont want an error mid download.

You hit RESTORE in itunes and it will restore and update your phone to the latest edition.

If you were jailbroken, you HAVE to set up as new (so that traces and issues from the previous jailbreak dont come into play). You dont lose your apple id and such, you just reenter it.
Its like installing Windows to a clean pc versus installing it on top of a previous installation if you get my drift.

From that video you've posted it is practically normal in iOS 5 devices. There is a delay in displaying album cover whenever you switch tracks. I noticed that too before with my iPod Touch 4th, and the same thing with iPhone 4. That thing never happens to iOS 4.

- Did you Installed Winterboard? If you did, uninstall it. Then look if there's a huge difference.

It is also advisable to make a clean restore/update before jailbreaking.
Make sure to restore/update your iPod Touch to a latest firmware which supports Jailbreak.
- Use Official iOS 5.0.1 firmware to restore/update your iPod Touch. (5.0.1 firmware can be Jailbroken Untethered)

I am thinking about spire, some says after they installed spire, their phone became laggy.

In-order for you to found out which causes it. You need to check if your phone slowed down after installing each add-on you mentioned. If nothing happens, then proceed installing the second add-on you want. So on and on...