What's new

Deleted text messages

SWright80

Reaction score
Hi community, hoping someone can help me out.
I need to recover a deleted text message, every download I try says I need to download iTunes however the phone has not been synced on my PC, I can connect the device to the PC although don't have the username or password to sync it.
Any guidance would be much appreciated
Thank you in advance. Sharon

If you have an iCloud backup which was made before you removed the message, restore from it, and it will be back again. You don't need iTunes.

If you're lucky, your provider keeps records of text messages. Contact them, and ask them about it.

Reactions: 933
If you have an iCloud backup which was made before you removed the message, restore from it, and it will be back again. You don't need iTunes.

If you're lucky, your provider keeps records of text messages. Contact them, and ask them about it.
No iCloud back up, can't contact phone provider. It's my daughters phone - she deleted a recieved message that I need to see.

Are her messages synced to another Apple, device, such as an iPad, e.g.? If so, the message might still be there, if she didn't delete it there as well.

If I delete a message from one of my iDevices it removes that message from all that sync, even if I delete on the non original device. I texted myself and tested it

Doesn’t happen on my devices. They receive every message, but when I remove a conversation or message on one device, it’s still there on the others.

If I delete a message from one of my iDevices it removes that message from all that sync, even if I delete on the non original device. I texted myself and tested it
Doesn’t happen on my devices. They receive every message, but when I remove a conversation or message on one device, it’s still there on the others.

Doesn't happen on my devices either. If I delete a message on my iPhone, it's still on my iPad, and vice versa.

Same.

I learned mine did when on my 16GB 5S I started deleting pictures from threads thinking they were safely on my other devices, they weren't and disappeared from the threads on my other devices