What's new

Delete songs from library/iPod

Status
Not open for further replies.

iphonelvr154

Reaction score
Since my phone tells me I have to sync everything when I hook it up to the computer (and I can't tall you the last time I synced it) I was wondering of there was any way to simply delete songs fr my phone. I would like to get some extra space for photos/videos & never even listen to any of the thousands of the songs that are on my phone. Doesn anyone know an easy way to delete them besides connecting to the PC & syncing etc....I have a feeling that will end up being very time consuming & troublesome. The phone is of course jailbroken so I was hoping that there might be an app in cydia that allows you to do this, however I have not yet found one. Does anyone have any suggestions?

You can set iTunes up so it doesn't sync every time you plug in your device. Honestly I don't think there's a way to delete them unless you do it in iTunes.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 4

Yes you can set up iTunes to only sync manually not auto.

The program called DiskAid allows you to edit anything on you phone like music and pics. It's way better than ITunes but most people don't like it because it's like $20. I paid for it and love it tho.

You can set iTunes up so it doesn't sync every time you plug in your device. Honestly I don't think there's a way to delete them unless you do it in iTunes.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 4

You can delete "any" media from the device with a simple swipe to show the "Delete" button. You can do this with in the music.app and delete individual songs.

Oooor

You can go to Settings> General> Usage> Music> Tap the "Delete" button and a*all* music will be wiped from the Music.app at one time. I recommend that you hard reboot twice after doing this, then click the "Sync" button in iTunes so that iTunes can read that all the music was deleted.

If you have your iPod set to automatically sync with your iTunes library, then just right-click the song you wish to remove and click "delete" (and click "move to recycling bin" after). Of it goes into cyberspace. If you don't want to permanently delete it, then uncheck it.

If you have your iPod set to manually manage your music, then you will need to plug your iPod into your computer. Then click "Music" under the iPod icon on iTunes (there may be an arrow hiding all the divisions of your iPod, but click it so it faces downwards). When all your songs are displayed, do the same thing I said above. It will no longer be on your iPod, but it will still be on your iTunes.

This thread is nearly two years old and the OS has changed a few times since then. I would imagine the OP has resolved the issue. Archiving the thread. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.