What's new

Dead spot on 5s screen

kj.cline

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone has had issues with their screen on the 5s. I have noticed that at certain times, using certain apps and on various occasions that the right side of the screen seems to be dead at times.

Example would be when playing candy crusher (I know, but I'm addicted), when trying to flip the horizontal candies up and down they don't move. It might be on the fourth to seventh try that it finally moves and is really annoying.

Could it be the app maybe not responding. It's not all the time, but most of the time.

I didn't see any threads for the 5s, but there were some for the 5.

Thanks in advance.

KJ

I would first try to versify that you are experiencing this "dead spot" in other apps or even on the SpringBoard as well. If this is only happening in Candy Crush, then it is most likely the Candy Crush.app and not the iPhone screen itself. If it was a defect in the iPhones screen, it should happen literally everywhere within iOS.

I am going to try several apps. Just need to find ones that use that side of the screen.

Thanks,

KJ

All apps use the side if the screen(every single millimeter actually) just open literally any app, try to scroll up/down on the suspected "dead spot". If it is responsive in that spot, then It is a bug with that game, not that screen.