What's new

Data

solomonster0820

Reaction score
An someone tell me why my I phone used almost 2 gigs in 8 days? And no it's not from streaming video

I have no idea how you would burn that much data in that little bit of time. I am on AT&T's 2G Data plan and have been since October and rarely use half of it...granted I have Wifi at home. What about streaming music?

The data is counted for with WIFI as well. So make sure you're keeping in account both cellular data and wireless data. Other than that, I have no idea how you use so much data. There must be a surcharge on your next billing day.

The data is counted for with WIFI as well. So make sure you're keeping in account both cellular data and wireless data. Other than that, I have no idea how you use so much data. There must be a surcharge on your next billing day.

WIFI is not counted against your data plan.

If you checked your usage through your phone settings, it will tell you the total usage including wifi. You are not billed for wifi data usage.

If you have AT&T then you can check your data usage by going to the dial pad and hitting *3282# and press call. It will send you a text message with your usage for the current billing cycle.

If you are within range of wifi. And are logged into the wifi. Will the 4S automatically use it instead of the 3g?

Example would my web searches go through the wifi instead of my cellular network? Even with cellular data enabled?

Last edited:
If your logged into wifi then yes the phone will use the wifi only. I have sprint an wifi at home and work so my usage so far for 3G in a week is 78,701kb. I don't know how the OP has that much in 8 days unless he thinks he's using wifi and really he isn't. Cause sometimes my work wifi signal will show up or McDonald's but you still have to agree to the terms or else your still using 3G.

solomonster0820 said:
An someone tell me why my I phone used almost 2 gigs in 8 days? And no it's not from streaming video

I am no expert but one thing is that my phone tells me on the top left corner if it is WiFi with the icon that looks like a fan or it says 3G to let me know what I am using

Are you sure you are looking at cellular usage and not looking at the storage usage? Can you take a screen shot of this usage?

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

You should've looking here under mobile usage. Mines high cuz I've not reset it since I've had the phone. That's 3G data only.

Attachments

• $image-442211565.jpg
    $image-442211565.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 369