What's new

Data transfer

brianelmer

Reaction score
I will shortly be changing my Iphone 3GS for an Iphone 4S. How can I quickly transfer all my data ie. notes,photos etc to my new phone and then ensure that my old phone is wiped clean?

The best way is to connect your old iPhone to iTunes on your computer and do a full backup. When setting up your new iPhone do it while connected to iTunes on your computer and you will see the options to set it up as a new iPhone or from the backup you made. Choose the backup option and everything that was on your old iPhone will be transferred to your new iPhone.

Once this is successfully done, you can wipe your old iPhone by going into Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings. This will erase everything on your iPhone and the next user will set it up just like a new phone.

The best way is to connect your old iPhone to iTunes on your computer and do a full backup. When setting up your new iPhone do it while connected to iTunes on your computer and you will see the options to set it up as a new iPhone or from the backup you made. Choose the backup option and everything that was on your old iPhone will be transferred to your new iPhone.

Once this is successfully done, you can wipe your old iPhone by going into Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings. This will erase everything on your iPhone and the next user will set it up just like a new phone.

Many thanks Scifan57, will do this.