What's new

Cydia wont let me download

andycline60

Reaction score
Every time I try to download something on cydia it says it cannot locate package

not sure if this is related to your issue.....but i was jailbreaking a 3GS 4.1 with redsn0w yesterday Dec 23/2011 and everytime i tried to lauch cydia to install and unlock the phone, i got errors and it would not install pkg's ??? tried numerous times??? would the cydia server be down??? anyways...may not be your issue but i have never had issue when it came to lauching cydia to install files and use ultra snow to unlock.....but yesterday cydia would not work for me.....so i will wait a few days and try again...

bailey3418 said:
not sure if this is related to your issue.....but i was jailbreaking a 3GS 4.1 with redsn0w yesterday Dec 23/2011 and everytime i tried to lauch cydia to install and unlock the phone, i got errors and it would not install pkg's ??? tried numerous times??? would the cydia server be down??? anyways...may not be your issue but i have never had issue when it came to lauching cydia to install files and use ultra snow to unlock.....but yesterday cydia would not work for me.....so i will wait a few days and try again...

I had probs as well trying to apply themes from cydia Everytime I tried to apply a thyme it came up that I had to reboot my device guess what happens next???apple logo comes up and I am in recovery mode in the end I just went back to standard:(:(

I had probs as well trying to apply themes from cydia Everytime I tried to apply a thyme it came up that I had to reboot my device guess what happens next???apple logo comes up and I am in recovery mode in the end I just went back to standard:(:(

i really hope that its just a case of the cydia server being down for update or maybe a problem.....least that would explain why the 3 of us can't retrieve any cydia's pkg's.....but i am just new, so what do i know

i really can't think that we 3 are the only ones having a problem with cydia....or maybe we are?

i'll wait a few days and re jailbreak then launch cydia and see what goes..

bailey3418 said:
i really hope that its just a case of the cydia server being down for update or maybe a problem.....least that would explain why the 3 of us can't retrieve any cydia's pkg's.....but i am just new, so what do i know

i really can't think that we 3 are the only ones having a problem with cydia....or maybe we are?

i'll wait a few days and re jailbreak then launch cydia and see what goes..

I had no probs jail breaking my phone When I did it I rebooted it and went to cydia Probs really started after I tried to apply any themes from winterboard to the phones It kept on looking for me to reboot Then it goes onto spinning circle and then recovery mode Restore it then with iTunes and it takes over an hour to sort that out I reckon it could just be demand for cydia :( :(

Same here maybe just over loaded servers everyone wants to jb.

I jailbroke the phone too, and I get the "cannot comply" after the winterboard install button is pressed. I've read and I'm hoping it's server issues. Bigboss is not loading.

You need to refresh you package list. In cydia go to "changes" and press "refresh" at the top left corner. It may not work right away, as cydia seems to be overloaded after the untethered jb is out. I have been trying since yesterday and just now got lucky )

Pregulla said:
You need to refresh you package list. In cydia go to "changes" and press "refresh" at the top left corner. It may not work right away, as cydia seems to be overloaded after the untethered jb is out. I have been trying since yesterday and just now got lucky )

I still haven't been able to download winter board! I've been battling this crap since 9AM when I first heard the jailbreak is out!