What's new

Cydia Clean Up?

FlyBoiTatted

Reaction score
I don't know if this was ever posted cause im new here, But is there anyway to clean up cydia from bad or old repo's? I already deleted them from the sources list but I still get error at Cydia start up like these

Fixed!

1. SSH into your iPhone/iPod, hopefully you know how to do that.

2. Go to the root of your iPhone/iPod [/].

3. Navigate to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list

4. Download the Cydia.list to your computer and open it using any text editor.

5. Delete the source you added. For example, "deb http://www.iphone.org.hk/apt/ ./" if this is the source you want to delete, simply delete that one line. NOT THE WHOLE DOCUMENT. Make sure you save the document as is. We are NOT adding any extensions.

6. Drag the saved document into the sources.list.d folder and replace the file.

7. Respring.

ALL DONE!

znluz4.png

1hwhab.png

Last edited:
Yes. You gotta go into file and find the sources section. I'm pretty new to this also so I'm not sur off hand where exactly it is in file. I had to do it before and I forgot to bookmark it. It worked like a charm tho. Happy hunting!

I have just closed it Down and reloaded with no problems. I have on ly received these messages two or three times in a month. Is this something that needs to be deleted ? I just though it was as it says failed to load ?

Yes. You gotta go into file and find the sources section. I'm pretty new to this also so I'm not sur off hand where exactly it is in file. I had to do it before and I forgot to bookmark it. It worked like a charm tho. Happy hunting!

Thanks ima go hunting right now & see if I find anything....

I have just closed it Down and reloaded with no problems. I have on ly received these messages two or three times in a month. Is this something that needs to be deleted ? I just though it was as it says failed to load ?

Yea I got them from adding bad sources. But even when you delete the source from the list, you will still get errors every time you start Cydia

DONE!

SSH into iPhone & Navigate to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list

Open Cydia.list with a text editor & delete the source that keeps giving you errors.

Only delete that one line!

Save file & overwrite the file in the 'Sources.list.d' & respring and thats it. No more errors on startup.

I get these exact messages everytime I boot Cydia
but it really doesn't bother me all that much :p

i had the same message, but i just restored jailbroke again so cydia was clean, and it has never happened after that

i had the same message, but i just restored jailbroke again so cydia was clean, and it has never happened after that

I dnt not feel like jailbreaking it all over again. Lol I have to many 3rd party apps & Tweaks that I dnt feel like looking for again.