What's new

Cydia Apps

djh

Reaction score
With the 4.1 Jailbreak coming out on Sunday I was just wondering what Apps I should be looking out for?

I hear there are a lot on Cydia that aren't in the App store so interested to hear what the good ones are I should be installing?

I dunno. I have been jailbroken for a while. I haven't installed much from cydia. Just some minor tweaks. My suggestion is to just install one think at a time and make sure each thing doesn't screw up your phone.

It really helps if you read the app/tweak/mod description. Most state if it is for ip4 ,3G ,3GS , or iPad. Look into what you are installing and just be careful. Trust me I have/had no idea what I was doing. And so far so good. ( knock on wood ) :)

There is def alot on Cydia. Im probably gonna avoid "tweaks" as I dont want to mess up my phone, I was nervous enough Running Limera1n. But so far so good, installed a few games and apps from Cydia

Ive downloaded afew themes the hardest part is choosing which one to use! No problems here either!! :)

well Wi-Fi sync is a must have. Really nice to sync the phone over wifi and throw away that damn cable. ;)
Androidlock is nice to and then lockinfo.. those are nice programs and tweaks ;)

just adds some nice things on your lockscreen. Such as wether,fastnotes,sms,missed calls, nicer clock and so on. there is a couple of plugins you can choose from.

This is a late reply, but I just found this forum, so.....

Cydia offers so much for your iPhone. However, installing too many utilities and apps that you dont know what they do (or can do) is not always good.
For example, do not install OpenSSH if you dont plan on accessing your iphone other than using iTunes. OpenSSH can leave your iphone vulnerable to attacks if the default root password is not changed.
If you're a beginner and just want to jailbreak your phone to look for cracked apps and games, then install Installous or AppCake and use those two to install apps from and not Cydia.
I used to install themes and SBSettings for my 3G, but gave up all that on the iPhone4 to avoid problems.

So the answer to your question is: it depends on what you want your iphone to do.
Rule of thumb: install only what you need and not more. Just because you can, it doesnt mean you should.

Hope this helps.

This is a late reply, but I just found this forum, so.....

Cydia offers so much for your iPhone. However, installing too many utilities and apps that you dont know what they do (or can do) is not always good.

SOO TRUUE

So the answer to your question is: it depends on what you want your iphone to do.
Rule of thumb: install only what you need and not more. Just because you can, it doesnt mean you should.

I did for 2 years play around with my Xperia X1i, installing many experimental Rom, and, almost always, the moer I did, very often, I must reinstall not the lattest Rom, but the most stable, still the windows 6.1 anyway...Of course this was very intriging, but, many hours I lost with doing so, and in the end, was not even happier...Know, with the Iphone 4, and do wonder if I truly need to jailbreak it or not, because, the Cydia or else, who truly know how are built somes appz? yes, to save money is also tilting my ears, but, in the end? who win ?

Cydia has alot to offer but some of there apps are unstable because they may not label what iphone its compatible with so you have to be careful what you download. I jailbroke with greenpois0n and it went very smooth and havent had any buggy activity yet but i am very careful of what i download. Do research because if you brick your phone thats it no warranty to cover you.