What's new

Cydia App/Tweak that will take a photo from Facebook and add to contacts?

pianoman

Reaction score
I would love to have way more pics of people in my Address Book (apple app). Is there a Cydia Tweak or Apple app for that matter that "easily" allows you to browse social media for a pic on someone's wall that I can simply add to their photo in the Address Book app? I don't want all my friends to have to pose for me for a shot that goes into my address book.

Thanks for any ideas you've found that work..

pianoman said:
I would love to have way more pics of people in my Address Book (apple app). Is there a Cydia Tweak or Apple app for that matter that "easily" allows you to browse social media for a pic on someone's wall that I can simply add to their photo in the Address Book app? I don't want all my friends to have to pose for me for a shot that goes into my address book.

Thanks for any ideas you've found that work..

Yes..there is a tweak that can do just that.

It does not save pictures directly from Facebook to contacts tho.

It's called "Image Grabber". What it does is allow you to tap and hold on "any" photo from literally "anywhere" in any application..and save it to the camera roll. You could then use those pics for contacts after saved to the camera roll

There is also another tweak made by Saurik himself that is made specifically for pulling Facebook profile pictures from Facebook and putting them in your Contacts.
I bought it a while ago before the iOS 5 update but it barely saved more then a few contact pictures from Facebook. Maybe it works better now...idk...all I know is I don't want it installed.lol

Oh yeah..the name of that tweak is called Cyntact

I had seen that app but my friends told me to beware since it OVERwrites all your contact info rather than "adds to" it. I only want pics.. NOTHING else..

I've been using MyPhone+ for 3 years and it has never once overwritten anything unless I told it to, all it does is scan all your facebook friends and then add their profile pictures to their contact info on your phone. It will only overwrite stuff if you tell it to in the app settings. You tell the app exactly what you want to be synced from Facebook.

$IMG_0718.jpg

There is also another tweak made by Saurik himself that is made specifically for pulling Facebook profile pictures from Facebook and putting them in your Contacts.
I bought it a while ago before the iOS 5 update but it barely saved more then a few contact pictures from Facebook. Maybe it works better now...idk...all I know is I don't want it installed.lol

This is not true, all Cyntact does is display the images that you have already set for your contacts in your contacts app, it does not sync photos with Facebook.

Last edited:
Jmills87 said:
This is not true, all Cyntact does is display the images that you have already set for your contacts in your contacts app, it does not sync photos with Facebook.

Oh....:/

I've been using MyPhone+ for 3 years and it has never once overwritten anything unless I told it to, all it does is scan all your facebook friends and then add their profile pictures to their contact info on your phone. It will only overwrite stuff if you tell it to in the app settings. You tell the app exactly what you want to be synced from Facebook.

View attachment 6805
Thanks, JMills. That looks exactly like what I want! But I wonder if it does its first sync before you get a chance to go into the preferences. Because even the reviews written under the app in the app store show people losing all of their contact information. When you first install the app can you go into the preferences before it does its first sync?

Last edited:
Thanks, JMills. That looks exactly like what I want! But I wonder if it does its first sync before you get a chance to go into the preferences. Because even the reviews written under the app in the app store show people losing all of their contact information. When you first install the app can you go into the preferences before it does its first sync?

Yes, you open the app and go to Sync tab and select "Sync Settings" and tell the app what you want to overwrite(in your case you would just turn on "overwrite existing" under the photos section and turn everything else off) and then you click "sync with Facebook" and it will open Facebook and ask you to authorize the app and then it will pull up a list of contacts that match your facebook contacts. If any of your facebook friends have their names listed differently than the way you have them in your iPhone contacts it will show a list of "conflicts" and "unmatched" and you can go through and manually select which friend you want the contact info synced for.

Yes, you open the app and go to Sync tab and select "Sync Settings" and tell the app what you want to overwrite(in your case you would just turn on "overwrite existing" under the photos section and turn everything else off) and then you click "sync with Facebook" and it will open Facebook and ask you to authorize the app and then it will pull up a list of contacts that match your facebook contacts. If any of your facebook friends have their names listed differently than the way you have them in your iPhone contacts it will show a list of "conflicts" and "unmatched" and you can go through and manually select which friend you want the contact info synced for.
Worked PERFECTLY! EXACTLY what I was looking for. This forum is amazing. :)

But I didn't use "overwrite existing" at all. I just wanted pics for contacts that I didn't have pics for already. When you leave overwrite existing off it ONLY fills in pics you "don't" have - which is precisely what I wanted. And the "conflicts" window was great too.

Thanks again!

Oh, I always just leave overwrite existing on so that it updates their image to their most recent Facebook pic each time I sync. Glad I could help :)