What's new

Crazy image management

This is the error I get. So let's say I make my folders in the shared drive. Now I delete them from the primary photo folder. These images are no longer synced with iCloud and are no longer backed up? I use my pic and iCloud installed on my pic to upload and download my images. With that being said would the app on the computer just not push and reap load the image back to the cloud once it is deleted from the iPhone? Just don't want to loose my images for good.
The images of your shared folder are synced to every device connected to your iCloud ID. They stay in iCloud, until you remove them from a folder on one of these devices.

Photos from your iCloud Photo Library are not backed up, neither in iCloud, nor on iTunes.

Right so when you delete the image after putting it in a shared folder it deletes it from the icloud. Right. In this case i am in the same boat with trying to organize them.

That's not how I explained it.
Shared folders are in iCloud. That's why it's called "iCloud Photo Sharing".

ok so please explain this to me. I take the image and move it into a shared folder. I then delete the image from my camera roll which then deletes it from the cloud. So where do i get access to this image again other than on my phone? I know it shares across devices connected to the cloud but it doesnt show up on my pc connected to the cloud. It shares via ios or mac devices?

When you set up iCloud on your Windows PC, or use the Photos app on a Mac, the shared folders will be there. They will also be on every Apple device you own. This means they are not only on one device (the one where you created the folders), but on every Apple device and Mac which uses the same iCloud ID.
In short: shared images and folders are stored in iCloud.

To see these folders on iCloud on your PC, you have to enable it in iCloud settings on the PC:
Download iCloud for Windows - Apple Support

OK so i needed to activate the option for photo sharing on my pc to see them. Where so these show up on icloud.com or do they? I created and shared 3 folders on my iphone and i see them on my windows pc but i do not see them on icloud.

I guess let me do this so i know i am right or wrong here.
If i take a picture from my iphone it syncs with the cloud and i can see it on my windows pc under the download folder
If i take a picture and add it to the uploads folder on my windows pc it syncs with the cloud and i can see it on my iphone.
If i have an image that is on my iphone and i move it to a shared folder and then delete the image so i know it has been moved does it delete the image from the cloud? how do i keep this image backed up if it does delete it from the cloud?

I do now see the shared folders on my computer as i have them on my iphone.

What if i create the folders on my windows pc in the shared folder. It should link and show them all on my iphone but are they all full resolution and are all downloaded and stored on my iphone?

Sorry to be asking so much about this i just dont want to loose any images and i am trying to resolve the crazy issues of organization.

I did just learn that any videos will only load over icloud and will not store to any device if it is in a shared folder just fyi.

I did just learn that any videos will only load over icloud and will not store to any device if it is in a shared folder just fyi.
You can share videos, and you can watch them on the iPhone. It's possible to download shared images to All Photos on the iPhone. That's not possible with videos.
You can download videos to your computer, though.

Neither iCloud nor iTunes backup photos and videos that are already stored in iCloud. Shared images are stored in iCloud, so they are not backed up.
I'm using shared photos since quite a while now, and I haven't lost a folder or picture. I also haven't heard about someone complaining about losing shared folders/images. iCloud Photo Sharing is very reliable, imo, it's way better than iCloud Photo Library.

I am still in the same boat about organizing files for the most part. That and i dont like the video deal. Ill c what i can come up with. Thank you for all the help..

ok guys found a way to do it. Download the app called PicBack from the app store for .99$.
It creates app in your app tool bar on itunes.
Organize your images into folders like you want on your pc or mac.
Open itunes and connect your iphone.
Click on the app toolbar.
now click on PicBack.
Drag your images out of the folder to picback. This will load ion itunes then automatically load into picback. Click select all on all your images after you have opened picback.
Click the transfer icon in the middle of the picback app on your iphone and you can move the images to your camera roll, Create a new folder or upload images into an existing folder.

You can then delete, move edit or anything you want with your images just like your had just taken them from the camera on your phone.

VERY VERY easy to do this. took me about 20 minutes last night to transfer over 5000 images into folders with about 10 folder and about 4 movements or button press's per folder.

I hope the apps keeps working as you need it. It's last update was more than a year ago, which usually means that the developer has discontinued support for it. With time (and iOS updates), such apps show more and more glitches, or are simply not compatible with the software on the device any more.