What's new

Cracked phone

chasefloyd

Reaction score
I know that it isn't soon after the release but I have already managed to crack the bottom glass part on the back of my new iPhone. I took it to apply and they said I would have to pay 250 for a new device and I was wondering if anyone knew of places that are already replacing the backs of iPhones for cheaper. If you have any info I'd I'd appreciate it

As far as I understand it the back of the iPhone 5 is not a straight forward replacement process like the 4 or 4s.

Have you arranged a Genius Bar appointment to ask ?

As far as I understand it the back of the iPhone 5 is not a straight forward replacement process like the 4 or 4s.

The new iPhone5 is the easiest iPhone to tear apart...

Last edited by a moderator:
I made an appointment and they said Itd be 250 flea a new device..

Hmmmm, why is that? Too new?

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

scifan57 said:
The only problem with doing it yourself is that your warranty is voided. If you go through Apple, the warranty is reinstated.

Would apple be able to replace just the back or would I have to buy a new device for 250? The warranty is already voided causeof the crack. If I can't find a simple solution I will just save up and buy a new device with the apple care with it

Last edited by a moderator:
Would apple be able to replace just the back or would I have to buy a new device for 250? The warranty is already voided causeof the crack. If I can't find a simple solution I will just save up and buy a new device with the apple care with it
please refrain from posting personal details,thank you.

You can always buy a clear/colored back protector for a few bucks from ebay, and add a case so it wont get worse.

The glass pieces on the back of the iPhone 5 aren't serviceable... at this time. Your only option is to; A) pay Apple for a replacement, B) replace the entire housing yourself (I see them online going for around $100-$150 USD), or C) add a colored vinyl overlay to the affected area (your cheapest option by far... plus you can customize w/ many different color options.) We have two Supporting Vendors that offer such products... GrafiXpressions.com & SlickWraps.com .