What's new

Cracked back glass

phessler

Reaction score
Well my months of running naked finally bit me. I carry my iPhone in my shirt pocket and bent over to pick something up on my driveway. The iPhone slipped out and landed back facing down on the driveway. I was so happy that my screen didn't break and put it in my pocket again. Later on when I went to clean it off I saw the back is cracked pretty badly. I ordered a replacement from amazon as I do not have AppleCare on it. So it will cost me $8.00 to replace but it is a lesson learned and I am just glad it was the back that cracked and not the front!

Luckily for you...replacing the back glass is as easy as easy can get.

The front glass...not so easy.

If you are like me...and really enjoy the naked look of your phone...and don't want to cover up the beauty....then I recommend I nice bumper.

The bumper I always use, love, and recommend is the SPG NeoHybrid bumper.

It's perfect for a decent bit of protection...while still not completely covering up the beauty of the device.

It is 2 pieces.

One rubber piece, your first wrap around the metal antenna of the phone.
And one harder plastic piece that slips on over the rubber.

If you get the silver one, it almost feels like there isn't anything on it.lol.

If you had had an SPG NeoHybrid Bumper on...the back glass would not have broken.

The bottom rubber piece slightly protrudes from the edge of the glass on both sides, preventing the back/front glass from touching flat surfaces.

I actually had my phone *ran over* by. Pickup truck while it had the SPG bumper on it...and yes...I think it did save my phone. The screen protectors got a little scratched...but underneath the screen protectors was a sparkling scratch free screen.

Tho if you are working hard labor work or out and about doing something where you risk dropping your device...then i recommend you get an Otterbox or something similar for those particular situations.

I have the Otterbox defender case..and while it is pretty bulky, it adds ultimate protection when I am out skating.

When I I get home, and am done skating for the day...I take off the Otterbox and put in the SPG.

Yes I do realize how fortunate I was to crack the back. I will look into the bumpers as I do not want to have that happen to the front.

My daily activities are more office based so my skating is minimal. :)

The dumb thing was this happened when I was taking out the garbage...hmmm..maybe I should tell the wife it is too risky to do that? Nah that won't fly!

Yes I do realize how fortunate I was to crack the back. I will look into the bumpers as I do not want to have that happen to the front.

My daily activities are more office based so my skating is minimal. :)

The dumb thing was this happened when I was taking out the garbage...hmmm..maybe I should tell the wife it is too risky to do that? Nah that won't fly!

actually made me laugh XD