What's new

Contact George and Contact George PRO

ReCreateEnt

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_F2aQeh9lg]YouTube - Contact George PRO - Trailer[/ame]

c1.png

c2.png

c3.png

c4_2.png

c5_2.png

Contact George PRO iTunes Link:
Contact George PRO for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (2nd generation), iPod touch (3rd generation), and iPod touch (4th generation) on the iTunes App Store

Contact George iTunes Link:
Contact George for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (2nd generation), iPod touch (3rd generation), and iPod touch (4th generation) on the iTunes App Store

Hello everybody,
After a lot of hours of work coupled with a lot of fun we are proud to present GEORGE.

We have put a lot of effort to try and bring something new and unique for the platform in terms of graphics and concept. George was born after we came up with a simple idea to put a man inside your phone and making that man as REAL as possible. Little did we know this would be quite a long journey. Having in mind that the game was developed by just a couple of friends, there were quite a few bumps on the way.

DESCRIPTION
George is an ordinary guy with an extraordinary connection. The idea behind it all is that you can contact this ordinary guy using your iDevice as a sort of portal and find out if you can de-stress each other.From your first established connection you will discover that GEORGE is quite REAL and you can start to experiment and discover what you can do to your new little friend. The connection is pretty strong and you can tap all over, whack from all directions, shake, pinch, tickle, tilt, hold four finger on, scare him, talk to him (double tap the screen and grab his attention, he will repeat that you say and remember phrases). Try combinations and discover even more!

We tried to make it so that you can use the connection to GEORGE in your own way.
You can choose to tickle and talk to him and have fun as you listen to his words or you can start annoying him a little. If you decide to annoy our friend GEORGE you will have to make him happy again by surprising him with a gift (he has a passion for trains and...the usual human pleasures). Either way the point is to de-stress each other while playing.
Start rigging his objects and get ready to meet his friends or see some pretty strange and weird outcomes.

TECHNOLOGY
CONTACT GEORGE combines highdef still and moving image acquisition with pre-rendered CG elements and real-time animation (a lot of words :) ). The key was combing these and making it all come together having in mind the platforms limitations. We tried to put you in touch with George using all of the devices capabilities so the experience felt as real as it could.

THE TWO FORMATS
Contact George and Contact George PRO differ in a few areas but have the same basic idea at the core (have fun with GEORGE and de-stress each other). The PRO version features a lot of content as it's the best portal into George's world. You can interrupt GEORGE all day long catching him in his bathroom, at the office, at tome in his living room and even sleeping. Every situation offers you 4 objects (minigames) that you can rig and every one of them has a series of random outcomes (some funny, some a little painful). As you progress you will get to access 12 achievements and 4 unlockables that help you gain even more control over George's world. As you progress you will also unlock secrets about George every one of them gives you a little personal file that can be redeemed on facebook (usually comics featuring GEORGE and his everyday problems).

We present GEORGE to the world in two different formats mostly because of the fact that while developing we realized the full game will become a bit bigger and a bit complicated. So we put up a cheaper entertainment version with a new "scoring system", one location and different object reactions from the PRO version. We wanted to make it feel a bit different and not just a "demo" for the PRO one so we edited a few things and made some new content for it.

PRODUCTION
Our game description mentions the game actually hurt during production and believe us when we say IT DID. A few of the actions that you can do in-game were a little tricky to catch on camera as things don't always work out as planned. Let's just say walls can sometimes get in the way... but they never get out of your way. What we can say is that if production took A LOT, the concept, planning and tests before it took even more. Hope you think that it was all worth it as we finally show you our “baby” for the first time.

FINAL WORDS
George is "alive" and surfing the web so you can find him on facebook or twitter, feel free to contanct him in other ways to, we're shore he’d love to hear from you too.
One thing we hope is that you have fun, enjoy the graphics and sound and even if you maybe don't like George's company you will still feel like the experience was worth it.

Official pages:
Contact George
George B. Dupp | Facebook
George B.Dupp (GeorgeBDupp) on Twitter

Thanks for your time,
Attention span is small so not a lot of people finish reading descriptions :), love to hear from you as we are going to try and keep in touch with the community and maybe build an even better connection to GEORGE.

Hum... This is another useless thing. I rather talk to real people than people in the phone. I see technology is closing us, making us to be alone and yet to enjoy it mainwhile we are getting stupids with it. A lot of apps i have and the device it self already have me stupidly adicted. I salute your abilities to develop such as powerfull applications, but it will be greater if you create apps which connect and keep people together, or apps who can give knowledge to anyone etc... I see your app useless and surely battery destroyer. Again i love your ability to writr such a huge application and i'm calling you to see the educational, business etc... Types of apps to develop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@bab2010 Hi, perhaps this is only the begging of a new genre of apps that will allow people to touch each other's life more, not just by voice and image when your are miles away.

@dawoodasad17 Try wix.com they got some nice templates :)

To all others how strong is your connection to George?

This is pretty cool. Looks like it took awhile to make, nice job. Are you planning on making more characters?