Consumer Anticipation Ahead of iPhone 5 Launch is Even Higher than Previously

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone_5_mockup.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John Paczkowski at AllThingsD reports today on the findings of a survey of 2,200 consumers carried out in August by ChangeWave for RBC Capital Markets, which said that 31 percent of respondents said they were either very likely or somewhat likely to buy an iPhone 5, either for themselves, or for a family member, in future – an increase of 6 percent from the 25 percent who said the same thing about the iPhone 4 before it was launched. The numbers get even higher for those respondents who currently have an iPhone, with 66 percent of those users replying that they are either very likely or somewhat likely to buy the iPhone 5. Paczkowski notes that this could mean a huge iPhone upgrade cycle for Apple this October, so much so that RBC has increased its estimate for fiscal 2012, up from 105 million to 110 million. All very impressive stuff![/FONT]

Source: Prelaunch Demand for iPhone 5 Unprecedented - John Paczkowski - Mobile - AllThingsD

I am pre-ordering an iphone5 to replace my iphone3gs we hope to have announcements for early October or around that time the 10th fingers crossed. In the past International was about the same time as USA iPhones are number one smart phones in Australia.

Of course customer anticipation is higher than with the iPhone 4. It is launching on multiple carriers, which increases the possible customer base quite a bit. I know Verizon and AT&T are getting it, and apparently Sprint is as well.

EDIT: Of course I am referring to the USA when I mention these carriers. But I am assuming the survey was performed by an American firm here in the US.

EDIT 2: Looking at the big picture, considering the additional launch carriers; the 6% increase isn't very impressive at all. With 2 additional carriers, you would expect it to more than double.

Last edited: