What's new

Constant need to verify icloud password after ios7

amt1989

Reaction score
Before ios7 everything was running smoothly (4s)
I was backing everything upto icloud every night automatically when plugged in

Now nothing has changed other than ios7

Nearly every night when I plug the phone in to go to bed, I get a message pop up "verify icloud password"
Then when I unlock it I have to re enter my password

After I do this it will back up as normal but if I forget then it won't back up

This is getting very annoying and it's happened a few times in the day too like
Just 5 minutes ago when I opened my phone at work "verify icloud password"

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Check your Restrictions, might be your settings that has you being asked for a password every so often.

Check your Restrictions, might be your settings that has you being asked for a password every so often.
I don't think so. Even I experience that thing. It comes at different intervals, excluding the time when I am using the phone. I will see what you say, however and will update. Its become so disturbing that I have started to cancel it. It did not come for a day in between, but again popped up 5 times today.

I don't think so. Even I experience that thing. It comes at different intervals, excluding the time when I am using the phone. I will see what you say, however and will update. Its become so disturbing that I have started to cancel it. It did not come for a day in between, but again popped up 5 times today.

It's been doing the same to me...
The same as happened to you.. A few times in a day and then nothing for 1 or 2 days but still backed up

Getting very very annoying to be honest

It's been doing the same to me...
The same as happened to you.. A few times in a day and then nothing for 1 or 2 days but still backed up

Getting very very annoying to be honest
I have tried by keeping iCloud backup off but it has not helped.

Also 3 days after installing ios7 I was on the way to work and in the middle of a txt

My screen went slow as if it was receiving a big message or email then the contacts name changed to the phone number

Went into my contacts and all of them had been deleted
Same with my emails

Went I to icloud backup and it was turned off

I turned it back on and about an hour later my contacts slowly started to reappear

Also 3 days after installing ios7 I was on the way to work and in the middle of a txt

My screen went slow as if it was receiving a big message or email then the contacts name changed to the phone number

Went into my contacts and all of them had been deleted
Same with my emails

Went I to icloud backup and it was turned off

I turned it back on and about an hour later my contacts slowly started to reappear
Well, my contacts have disappeared all right. Lets see if the contacts appear after switching backup on.