What's new

Considering changing from android

Degnr8

Reaction score
Well I've been an android guy ever since they came out but I recently bought a car with android auto and carplay. I've discovered android auto has serious issues. It's a great app when it works but I'm always having issues with it not syncing or freezing. Can anybody tell me if carplay is reliable? I'm considering the iphone 12 mainly because of price and I'm not a power user. I surf the web, play some basic games, Facebook, maps, and google voice is pretty much it. Work would the iphone 12 be a good fit for me? Any issues I should be aware of before I spend money on it?

I don't have any problems with Android Auto and I also use CarPlay that are both very good on my phone. My car does come with both installed already. Are you using a wireless or wired connection?

I don't have any problems with Android Auto and I also use CarPlay that are both very good on my phone. My car does come with both installed already. Are you using a wireless or wired connection?
I've been using the wired connection. I actually figured out that the problem is just that my current phone (LG stylo 6) is a piece of crap

I've been using the wired connection. I actually figured out that the problem is just that my current phone (LG stylo 6) is a piece of crap
I was going to suggest that Apple Carplay as well as the iphone IOS get updated more freqently than I have heard so e Android models do and that could imporve the experience but I use the Apple version and have rarely experienced the Android version.