What's new

Computer No Longer Recognizes iPhone 4 :/

josefromtexas

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Recently, I have been unable to get my computer (pc) to recognize my iPhone 4 when I connect them via USB. When I plug it into the usb port, nothing comes up at all and my phone will not even charge while connected. I know for a fact that the cable is still good because it still works with my wall charger. I also know that the USB port itself is working because I'm still able to use other USB devices perfectly fine. I looked into my Device Manager and noticed that the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is not listed at all under any category. I was told that in order to get it to install again that I would have to uninstall everything related to Apple and then reinstall it. So I uninstalled Itunes, Quicktime, etc. and reinstalled them again but when I checked Device Manager the driver was still nowhere to be found. I also tried the method on Apple's website by taking a screenshot and running devmgmt.msc, but it still did not solve the problem. I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out, thanks for the feedback!

Are you jail broken? If yes, have you ever had the PhotoAlbums+ (PA) tweak installed and have since deleted it?

I ask because the exact same thing happened to me and it was due to an older version of PA broke the USB detection/connection.... I had to install a newer, fixed version of PA and then the phone was fine.

If you've never had PA, then never mind and sorry, I don't know what the problem is.

Marilyn

Marilyn,

I actually think the problem may have something to do with my photo album. Yes it is jailbroken, and I remember for several days before it stopped working that everytime I would connect it to my computer, the photo album would always keep rebuilding and act funny afterwards. Is the photoablum tweak something you download from cydia? How did you fix it?

Marilyn,

I actually think the problem may have something to do with my photo album. Yes it is jailbroken, and I remember for several days before it stopped working that everytime I would connect it to my computer, the photo album would always keep rebuilding and act funny afterwards. Is the photoablum tweak something you download from cydia? How did you fix it?

Well, if you've never had PhotoAlbums+ installed, then I don't think your situation is the same as mine. But, to fix it, all I had to do was reinstall the tweak. But, again, since it was the older version of the tweak that "broke" the phone, even after uninstalling it - I don't think it'll help you.

Sorry, but I'm of no help.

Marilyn