What's new

computer and itunes won't recognize iphone, trying to restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

NvIs

Reaction score
My computer wont recognize my iphone 4 and neither will itunes. It doesn't charge either when plugged in to the computer, but it does charge when plugged into the wall.
I have reinstalled itunes and all drivers.
I have tested it on other computers with itunes.
I have turned off the fire wall.
and have even tried updating the phone to ios5.1 through wifi which I recieve a download error when I try. I also can't restore remotely from the iphone itself. It stays in the loading screen for a long time, I've waited 30 minutes for it and nothing happens.
The computer does recognize the phone when put into DFU or recovery mode, which when I try restore then I recieve a 1602 error.
I have tried using ireb r5 which didn't work either...
Any suggestions or help.
The phone works fine, calls, music, texts ect... but just a problem with computer recognizing it...

bump, any help please!

i had almost same problem some days ago,i have iphone 4s 32 g.an Apple assistant help me to solve the problm of reconizing iphone in itunes and computer.i tell you all process step by step.if problem solve say thanks to me and over.-
1st go in Start menu n in "search" write "services".in services you will find "apple mobile device".select it . now on right side of window u will see two options.1st click on stop then restart.than connect ur iphone with itunes.if worked Well other wise Uninstall all apple softwares in this order
itunes
quick time
apple software update
apple mobile device support
Bonjour
apple application support
after uninstalling all these software restart ur computer
than get the latest itunes software for ur windows.if operating system is 64 bit,there is another version of itunes
after installing itune install also quick time
then again restart
now open itune and check for update.then connect ur phone to itune-hope it will work
but do with patient because i had done almost 5,6 time whole procedure......and after that 1 had recovered my phone..and i am talking about 3 .4 days ago--

Thank you both for the help. I tried 2 different computers which I was getting the same 1602 error till I tried it on another computer, which then it seemed to have done the trick the phone is restored and working fine :)

I stupidly downloaded the IOS6 update and then my phone would not detect on my computer. after 2 or 3 weeks of doing everything Apple says with no joy, I suddenly thought what would happen if I plugged my Daughters ipod in to the computer. The ipod was detected (where as the iphone wasn't) then it searched the web for something, a driver I think, once that was installed, I then unplugged the ipod and plugged in my iphone and after a minute or so, it was there! A lesson to be learnt here, If you have any device that is working fine, DON'T accept any software updates! I'm not saying this will fix your problem, but give it a go.

The difference between iTunes running under OSX versus Windows is night and day. I have had zero issues with iTunes since switching everything over to my iMac.

Status
Not open for further replies.