What's new

Coming over from Blackberry world

twinsmommy

Reaction score
Hello all..Just bought an iphone 4s, coming from a blackberry..Hope I made a wise choice! Only thing I miss so far is the keyboard

twinsmommy said:
Hello all..Just bought an iphone 4s, coming from a blackberry..Hope I made a wise choice! Only thing I miss so far is the keyboard

You will miss sound profiles and BB push email for ALL accounts. Also the ability to replace the battery. I hate Apples battery policy on all their devices to have them inaccessible to the user.

AE1M said:
You will miss sound profiles and BB push email for ALL accounts. Also the ability to replace the battery. I hate Apples battery policy on all their devices to have them inaccessible to the user.

Whats the problem with the battery?

Whats the problem with the battery?

1) Needs proprietary charger due to the Apple port, most all others use micro-usb which are cheap and plentiful bot AC and auto 12VDC
2) Battery not removable. I use the phone heavily and 4S drains fast. With my old BB Storm2 I could carry extra charged batts to swap quickly. Also, when the Apple battery finally fails (all rechargable batts lose a little bit of capacity every cycle) the user is stuck having to have Apple or some repair place fix.

This is just silly, sorry. On Amazon I purchased extra BB batts for about $10 and could always have a fully charged spare. With the 4S, I am constantly needing to keep the auto charger handy and the Apple branded charging products are WAY overpriced.

This design philosophy is indefensible.

Bob

i made the switch from blackberry too, they was just too laggy and fragile for me and the software was AWFUL. The only thing i miss from them is the LED on the front, profiles and of course BBM (not that much though broadcasts was really begining to get on my last nerve). definatley made the wise choice to switch to iphone, i wish i done it years ago.

1) Needs proprietary charger due to the Apple port, most all others use micro-usb which are cheap and plentiful bot AC and auto 12VDC
2) Battery not removable. I use the phone heavily and 4S drains fast. With my old BB Storm2 I could carry extra charged batts to swap quickly. Also, when the Apple battery finally fails (all rechargable batts lose a little bit of capacity every cycle) the user is stuck having to have Apple or some repair place fix.

This is just silly, sorry. On Amazon I purchased extra BB batts for about $10 and could always have a fully charged spare. With the 4S, I am constantly needing to keep the auto charger handy and the Apple branded charging products are WAY overpriced.

This design philosophy is indefensible.

Bob

1) I have a 4S as well and I do HEAVY usage of it. There are plugs all over the place, if I need to, I just plug it in. You can also get an iphone charger case (I have one of those but never needed it so far), which you can carry around instead of a 2nd portable battery and just pop the iphone in the case and it will charge it.

2) Iphone battery does not need replacement that easily, my 2G is 5 years old and still doesn't need battery replacing, my dad's 3gs is 2.5 years old and the battery runs better than my 4s thats new, and my old 4 is 13 months old and the battery has lost only 5 out of 1420 in total capacity.

So no need to worry yourself too much.

I'm also a recent BB escapee... GOD I hated my BB!! iPhone is sooooo much better all around. You'll love it!!!

1) I have a 4S as well and I do HEAVY usage of it. There are plugs all over the place, if I need to, I just plug it in. You can also get an iphone charger case (I have one of those but never needed it so far), which you can carry around instead of a 2nd portable battery and just pop the iphone in the case and it will charge it.

2) Iphone battery does not need replacement that easily, my 2G is 5 years old and still doesn't need battery replacing, my dad's 3gs is 2.5 years old and the battery runs better than my 4s thats new, and my old 4 is 13 months old and the battery has lost only 5 out of 1420 in total capacity.

So no need to worry yourself too much.

x2. You can buy cheap Apple USB cords on ebay...same quality as those mico-USBs that you buy for Android phones.

I have 3rd gen iTouch (two) that gets abused by my son and daughter...no issue with battery. In addition, by the time that the battery does fail, you are probably due for a new one!! By that time, iPhones can read your thoughts! :D To be honest, with how fast technology is advancing, 2 years is MAX for me to keep my current iPhone!

Last edited:
You made an awesome switch ;)
If you really really miss the keyboard on your old BB, then you can buy a bluetooth wireless keyboard for your iPhone 4S- it attaches like a case to your iPhone. However, it really drains the battery life so you should always keep a spare battery with you ;)

VeLz said:
You made an awesome switch ;)
If you really really miss the keyboard on your old BB, then you can buy a bluetooth wireless keyboard for your iPhone 4S- it attaches like a case to your iPhone. However, it really drains the battery life so you should always keep a spare battery with you ;)

You mean a plug? Or a battery case? Because i dont think she can carry a battery with her for 4s lol

Love the phone so far but the battery life is AWFUL..Woke up at 100% and within an hour it went down to 80%..Closed all my apps but doesnt seem to help. I know this is a common complaint but Ill just have to deal with it lol

Its the same for me. I heavily use mine though so for me it kinda makes sence that my battery life aint too great lol id recomend buying a portable charger, i have a kensington and it has saved me many times when im out the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also came from blackberry and got iPhone 4. I agree that the iPhone battery is just short of abysmal. I need to charge my phone atleast twice a day even if I only use it for txts.

The main 2 things I miss about my bb is the keyboard and the ability to attach documents to emails I still haven't found a viable way to do that on iPhone.