What's new

Coming from Android, Comparisons and Questions

hookbill said:
Don't do facebook. I sent a video of my cats to my wife this morning via text. She said it looked great.

But this is unacceptable: No call blocker without jail breaking. It's the political season, I'm in Ohio where it seems like it never ends and I don't want to hear from these jerks.

The best I could find was an app that has a no sound ringtone. That way at least I won't hear them after I set them up but I have to make them a contact to do that! Ugh!!! Totally unacceptable and very disappointing.

I didn't see if this was answered yet, but can't you use the Do Not Disturb function for the annoying calls? I set mine up for 24 hours, with my favorites as exceptions. My phone hasn't rung since.

mdholm said:
I didn't see if this was answered yet, but can't you use the Do Not Disturb function for the annoying calls? I set mine up for 24 hours, with my favorites as exceptions. My phone hasn't rung since.

That sounds like a workable solution.
Apple should have two levels of do not disturb with different schedules that way favorites could be disabled as well at night. I am sure someone will do that in jailbreak.

That would be a good solution and something I might do but i can't do it right now. I'm dealing with Verizon about getting a replacement iPhone5 and I get return calls from various numbers. And actually when I think about it some of the calls that I need to come in that are on my contact list will come from different numbers so that won't work.

I'm using the no ringtone and making them contacts. I caught one locally that has called me 3 times. What I don't like is they can still get to my voice mail doing that. I'd rather just hang up on them.

My call blocker app would simply pick up and hang up even before a ring came through if they were on my list. No voice mail for them. And to use the no ring tone puts them as a contact and I don't really want them as a contact.

It's not a deal breaker it's just something I learned to like. I'm just going to go back to hanging up on them.

mister69 said:
U like the iPhone a lot better than the g3?

Yes, I never looked back.. I was a android fanboy who bashed apple until I actually got an iphone In my hands.

Yes, I never looked back.. I was a android fanboy who bashed apple until I actually got an iphone In my hands.

You know I never did understand why all the hatred towards iphone, Jobs, etc. in all the years I hand Android. IMHO Android fan boys are the absolute worst. You don't see people bashing Android over here,.

If Verizon had an iPhone I would have got it years ago, but all they had was Android and at the time Droid was a better phone then the iPhone. I can't say yet that iPhone is better then Android, but certainly its at par with them. And I don't see how you can have an operating system being handled by several different companies and have it be dependable.

That's not to say there aren't some really good Android phones. I just think having everything under one roof is smarter.

You know I never did understand why all the hatred towards iphone, Jobs, etc. in all the years I hand Android. IMHO Android fan boys are the absolute worst. You don't see people bashing Android over here,.

If Verizon had an iPhone I would have got it years ago, but all they had was Android and at the time Droid was a better phone then the iPhone. I can't say yet that iPhone is better then Android, but certainly its at par with them. And I don't see how you can have an operating system being handled by several different companies and have it be dependable.

That's not to say there aren't some really good Android phones. I just think having everything under one roof is smarter.

Nicely said, Hook! :)

Hook, I remember you from when we were both on an Android forum. You were very helpful, and you kept things in perspective. Yes, all we had were Droid's. they were fun, even rooting them and playing with everything. Eventually, my Droid ended up running MIUI and I had it look and act like the iPhone. It was only a natural progression for me to go this direction with the 4. Now that I'm on the 5, I would never go back to Android. It's personal preference. I had fun playing but updates every day on custom ROM's got really old. When the Droid camera failed me was when I knew it was time to "grow up" to the iPhone. Yes, I caused the failure by playing, but it still left a sour taste in my mouth.

Hook, I remember you from when we were both on an Android forum. You were very helpful, and you kept things in perspective. Yes, all we had were Droid's. they were fun, even rooting them and playing with everything. Eventually, my Droid ended up running MIUI and I had it look and act like the iPhone. It was only a natural progression for me to go this direction with the e4. Now that I'm on the 5, I would never go back to Android. It's personal preference. I had fun playing but updates every day on custom ROM's got really old. When the Droid camera failed me was when I knew it was time to "grow up" to the iPhone. Yes, I caused the failure by playing, but it still left a sour taste in my mouth.

Around the time the thunderbolt came out I really began to lose interest in Android phones. There was just too many of them. I got the bionic but I really got tired of forums And it was kind of time to MoveOn you might say. But I have a lot of fond memories of the beginning When the droid was new And we are all trying to figure out things together. It was great fun but I'm happy to be over here now talking about the iPhone And not having to worry about moderate in his sort of a relief at the same time. Thanks for remembering me and for your kind words.

Around the time the thunderbolt came out I really began to lose interest in Android phones. There was just too many of them. I got the bionic but I really got tired of forums And it was kind of time to MoveOn you might say. But I have a lot of fond memories of the beginning When the droid was new And we are all trying to figure out things together. It was great fun but I'm happy to be over here now talking about the iPhone And not having to worry about moderate in his sort of a relief at the same time. Thanks for remembering me and for your kind words.

Hook, I just deleted a duplicate post of yours. Are you noticing the "post quick reply" taking a long time to load?

The forum started doing a weird response and time delay late last night. It's worse on tapatalk. Tapatalk will make it seem like it didn't post even though it did. Web browsers will ask if you want to leave or stay on page. It's really weird and I don't have a bead on why yet.

The forum started doing a weird response and time delay late last night. It's worse on tapatalk. Tapatalk will make it seem like it didn't post even though it did. Web browsers will ask if you want to leave or stay on page. It's really weird and I don't have a bead on why yet.

Thanks, skull..I noticed this slow response and the "leave this page" option this afternoon. The IPF app is slow as well.

Skimonkey said:
Thanks, skull..I noticed this slow response and the "leave this page" option this afternoon. The IPF app is slow as well.

Could be a coincidence but about the same time the site started acting up I notice Facebook got a lot slower also. Both are having same issues whether I am on wifi or 3G.

I saw the duplicate post I went in there and deleted it Or we both did it the same time. I'm on my iPhone right now.