What's new

Chevy MyLink/iPhone Issue

cereal killer

Reaction score
Vehicle
2015 Chevy Silverado with Chevy MyLink (NO Apple Car Play)
Phone OS

Let me do my best to explain the problem I'm having. This issue seems to have started with the 9.2 update.

Under normal circumstances when I was listening to Sirius/Radio and a phone call came I could hang up and the radio would resume playing automatically.

Now what happens when a call comes in and I hang up the MyLink screen stays on the bluetooth audio screen (trying to play my music) I then have to press the station button to get the radio back on. I also noticed that when the radio is playing and I happen to open up Facebook (at a light or in heavy traffic and STOPPED) MyLink once again switches over to the Bluetooth audio and tries to stream music from my phone.

I've checked every setting on my iPhone (bluetooth and all) and every setting on MyLink to no avail. I have even factory reset the Chevy MyLink, unpaired the phone and set everything back up....still no fix.

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? Any ideas?

Well I just got my answer from Chevy

This is a known concern, which is a result of the latest IOS update. We are waiting for Apple to roll out a new update to resolve this issue.

They will be issuing a fix for those of you who are having this same issue

Thanks for letting us know.
Glad you got an answer.
So am I....would drive me nuts not being able to figure it out lol. I'd probably be out there right now messing with all the settings for the 100th time

So am I....would drive me nuts not being able to figure it out lol. I'd probably be out there right now messing with all the settings for the 100th time
I'm the same if I can't figure something out lol.
I hate to let anything beat me :)

I have a similar issue. Sometimes when I'm listening to a podcast and also have my GPS (WAZE) navigating me, I'll pause the podcast so I can hear my GPS directions, and when I resume it, my Music player turns on. I then have to open my Podcasts app and press play there. I'm guessing this is the same issue, and hopefully Apple will fix it as well.

I have a similar issue. Sometimes when I'm listening to a podcast and also have my GPS (WAZE) navigating me, I'll pause the podcast so I can hear my GPS directions, and when I resume it, my Music player turns on. I then have to open my Podcasts app and press play there. I'm guessing this is the same issue, and hopefully Apple will fix it as well.
Digging deeper I contacted Apple about the issue and as it turns out the guy I was talking to is having the exact same problem in his Dodge Dart which uses UConnect.

You're having the same problem it looks like but with other apps. Interesting