What's new

charging

ahhl

Reaction score
my 6s, when turned off (not sleep) it not charging
but it will charge when turn on. is it something wrong with the charging circuit?

my 6s keep rebooting until the battery drained.
i thought i can charge it while it turn off, but i didn't.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Your iPhone might refuse charging when locked because of a setting. So take a look at the following:
Go to the Settings app, scroll to Touch ID & Passcode. Enter your passcode, then go to USB Accessories and make sure it’s enabled.

Your iPhone could be in a restart loop for various reasons. Here’s what you can try to fix this:
- Remove the SIM card. If the iDevice stops rebooting, pit the SIM card back in. If the problem starts again, contact your carrier, or restore your iPhone.
- Force restart your device: press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. As soon as it appears, let go of both buttons.
- Use iTunes to restore your iPhone: Restore your iOS or iPadOS device in iTunes on PC
Make sure there’s a most recent backup. If that doesn’t help:
- Put your iPhone into DFU mode and restore it: How To Put An iPhone In DFU Mode, The Apple Way
- Take a look at the charging port. If there’s any debris, remove it cautiously.

If your iPhone keeps restarting in spite of this, a repair might be necessary. Contact Apple, or visit the next Apple Retail Store.

Hope that helps.