What's new

Charging Port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm it’s not the cable I’m have trouble with it’s the port on the iPhone 7+ none of the chargers hold in place so it’s not charging.

The problem with the Apple cables is the natural rubber outer layer which breaks down over time due to contact with skin oils.
My Otterbox Defender cases have the same problem with skin oils as well. Over the period of 12-18 months the case softens and becomes loose on the plastic shell. I’ve sent the complaint to Otterbox several times but never any answer other than the stock reply of “Thank you for........”. I have heard similar complaints fro users of other cases as well. Planned obsolescence??? Make more ??? JMHO

My Otterbox Defender cases have the same problem with skin oils as well. Over the period of 12-18 months the case softens and becomes loose on the plastic shell. I’ve sent the complaint to Otterbox several times but never any answer other than the stock reply of “Thank you for........”. I have heard similar complaints fro users of other cases as well. Planned obsolescence??? Make more ??? JMHO
I’ve had exactly the same thing happen with my OtterBox cases. Fortunately I’ve never had any problems with the charging ports on any of my iOS devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.