What's new

Charging Port Problem

rahulrocks5990

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently using an iPhone 4S.
There is a problem with the charging port(the rectangular space below the iPhone 4S). Whenever I try to use the charger to charge it, it would not go into the charging port fully. No matter how hard I try, it will not go in. I have tried different iPhone chargers and different docking stations but they all would not go in. They would always have the same result. However, it still charges. i know this may sound like i do not have a problem, but always when I use docking stations and stuff where the charging port is needed(besides chargers), I can't use the function at all unless i hold the iPhone stiff because since the port will not go fully in, the iPhone will lean back and will not be able to connect to the port properly. It would not be stiff and I can't use it. This is very irritating. What should I do?
By the way, I still have my warranty and please try not to post anything about cleaning the charging port.

Thank you so much

Might be a slight hardware problem. Check to see if there're any damages or bumps or whatnot in the port. You might have to open it up to really see what's wrong with it. Maybe something fell out of place, the solder was worn out, etc.