What's new

Charging iPhone with iPad charger?

HUNTER1

Reaction score
Can I use my iPad charger to charge my iPhone? thanks

I have observed that my iphone actually charges faster using the iPad charger. I think this has something to do with the difference in amperage, but I am not an electrician so this just might be me wanting something to be true when it isn't.

I have observed that my iphone actually charges faster using the iPad charger. I think this has something to do with the difference in amperage, but I am not an electrician so this just might be me wanting something to be true when it isn't.

Yes, the iPad charger provides a faster charge than the iPhone charger, however the phone is simply drawing more power, the charger is not pushing it. The phone will take what it needs. Apple has designed their iOS devices to be fairly tolerant of a wide range of power sources as they know people will plug the into any powered USB port, hub or car charger they can find.

I have never tried it, but I don't think that it will harm you iPhone.

It will not harm your phone. Apple sells only one charger not bundled with a device and its the iPad charger. The website lists its for all iOS devices.

The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are optimized to use the iPad charger.

Sent using Tapatalk HD

And it's even faster charging [emoji4]so don't worry with your iPhone nothing will happen [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk