What's new

charger/ear phone cable

jeep guy

Reaction score
hi
please help. after my last forced apple '''update''' my phone now wont allow me to use the splitter cable i brought on ebay to allow me to charge '''my'' phone and listen to music at the same time. it now says it isnt an apple product and turns off the sound.
before the update it was fine.
i dont mind them doint that , BUT BRING OUT AN APPLE EQIVELANT.
i cant afford the blue tooth head phones,i also loose the ear pieces because they are so small.
how can i reistall the previous ''upgrade'' and ban apple fom ''' upgrading''' MY phone.
steve

I would contact your local Apple Store and ask. At worst, they'll say you have to buy another product. However, it's likely they'll tell you how to adjust the settings.

I would contact your local Apple Store and ask. At worst, they'll say you have to buy another product. However, it's likely they'll tell you how to adjust the settings.
hi.
did pop into our local istore. they just sa that eveyones moaning about it.
theres nothing they can do.
apple dont manufacture a charger/ear phone splitter cable.
steve

The only iOS signed by Apple is 10.3.1, so it's not possible to revert to a previous software. It's also impossible to "ban" updates.

Apple recommends using accessories certified by them. Third party cables might in some cases damage your iPad.

hi J.A
thanks for your response. but iv been useing that cable for a year now,with no hastles.
they dont bring a cable like that out.
othewise i would have brought one.
cant for the life of me understand why.
steve

Apple seems to do that. I had USB and SD card to lightning readers that stopped working and now only my Apple branded ones work with my iPad and all non-brands no longer work. There might be some that do, but I quit wasting money and just pay extra for the Apple version so I don't have to worry about it not working. I love my iPad Pro, but I really wish a USB slot was native. iPad Pro is great for editing video footage, but getting the footage is a PIA sometimes. I have one camera, a 360fly, that I can't use anymore because I have no way to get the footage to my iPad. USB connections no longer work, even with Apple branded ones. Blah. Went back to GoPro just because SD cards always work.

EDIT: sorry, got side tracked at the end there haha. I love iProducts, except that one thing.

hi
please help. after my last forced apple '''update''' my phone now wont allow me to use the splitter cable i brought on ebay to allow me to charge '''my'' phone and listen to music at the same time. it now says it isnt an apple product and turns off the sound.
i cant afford the blue tooth head phones,i also loose the ear pieces because they are so small.
how can i reistall the previous ''upgrade'' and ban apple fom ''' upgrading''' MY phone.
steve

hi
steve

I had a different problem. My no-name adapter works with my iPad Air 2, but not with my iPhone 7 plus. I don't need it to work with my iPad since it has a headphone jack. I apparently wasted my money.

Any cables that plug into the lightning port of an Apple device require an internal authentication chip to work properly. Unauthorized cables do not have that chip and can stop working at any time. Authorized third party cables will have the authentication chip and will work. Belkin is an authorized accessory make and their adaptor is sold in Apple stores and the Apple online store.