What's new

Changing iPhone 6 plus Touch ID?

JohnPyn

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm not really into fixing my iPhones but browsing on eBay I saw people selling iPhone 4s home buttons and... Well since I believe my Touch ID may be faulty (even though I've been told it's not) I was wondering if it's possible to buy a new home button, Touch ID, for my 6 plus. Thanks a lot

Since your iPhone 6 Plus is still under warranty why not take it in for a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store. If the Touch ID button is indeed faulty it would be covered under the standard warranty and repaired at no cost to you.

If you do any self repairs to your iPhone, your warranty would be voided.

Last edited:
Since your iPhone 6 Plus is still under warranty why not take it in for a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store. If the Touch ID button is indeed faulty it would be covered under the standard warranty and repaired at no cost to you.

If you do any self repairs to your iPhone, your warranty would be voided.
Yep, I know but they told me already that it's fine, I'm not convinced of that and I can't get it to an actual apple store that would check it better because it's american but I live in Italy

What, exactly, are the problems you're experiencing with your Touch ID?

What, exactly, are the problems you're experiencing with your Touch ID?
Doesn't seem to work properly or as well as another 6 plus there's at home, for instance if I press and rest it always works while if I just rest the finger on it it works erratically.. But this is just an example, I can give a thousand of these :)

Have you tried deleting your fingerprints and adding them again?
Yes, of course, believe me I've tried every imaginable thing :) I don't really want to change it I mean maybe, but I'd just like to know if it can be changed as the iPhone 4's can

Yes, of course, believe me I've tried every imaginable thing :) I don't really want to change it I mean maybe, but I'd just like to know if it can be changed as the iPhone 4's can
It can be changed, but it is a much more complicated procedure as the iPhone 4S home button is a simple pushbutton switch whereas the iPhone 6 Plus home button has the finger detection and Touch ID scanner built in. This, plus the connectors, make it a more challenging job to replace.

It can be changed, but it is a much more complicated procedure as the iPhone 4S home button is a simple pushbutton switch whereas the iPhone 6 Plus home button has the finger detection and Touch ID scanner built in. This, plus the connectors, make it a more challenging job to replace.
I see, I wouldn't do it at home myself obviously but I'd give it to a technician but thanks for the info