What's new

Change "slide to unlock" letters.......

Dyeraudio

Reaction score
I've seen picture on the web of iPhones with "personalized" "slide to unlock" bar.....Is there any way to change what the words are on the slider bar?

if you are familar with openssh/winscp its real easy. also download a cydia tweak called slidertext

thepushercg said:
if you are familar with openssh/winscp its real easy. also download a cydia tweak called slidertext

^ Agree with that method, all you need to find is the SpringBoard.plist file (kindly correct me if I am wrong). I don't know exactly in what directory you have to look for. You may want to search that on Google. I did that a year ago..

Will "jail-breaking" affect anything on my phone or is it safe?
Hello Dyeraudio! Allow me to advise you in this case. The process of "jail breaking" may or may not adversely affect the overall performance of your iPhone. It is uncertain. But what it will definitely do is void the manufacturer's warranty of your phone! Therefore, I recommend against it. DionMVZW SupportFollow Us on Twitter Twitter

Hello Dyeraudio! Allow me to advise you in this case. The process of "jail breaking" may or may not adversely affect the overall performance of your iPhone. It is uncertain. But what it will definitely do is void the manufacturer's warranty of your phone! Therefore, I recommend against it. DionMVZW SupportFollow Us on Twitter Twitter

For the record, I remember I JB my iPhone 4 and use it for about 6 months before it started having a home button issue. I factory reset the iPhone and took it to apple store, guess what? They gave me a brand new one free of charge and took the one which was JB and used for 6 months before home button issue started :) say it again... JB void what? Warranty? Not if you factory restore it before taking it in.