What's new

CEO Tim Cook reportedly pressured by Apple board to bring more innovation

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
$article-2111399-0D8F76B700000578-730_634x645.jpg

​Even if most Apple fans deeply cherish their iDevices, some point out that the tech giant hasn’t really been coming out with any new ground breaking products in the past few years. The company hasn’t released a new iPhone or iPad in over a year and shipment numbers have been falling on a steep slope.

In the new product camp, Apple is even worse off as it hasn’t presented the public with anything different since 2010. The rumor mill, however, would paint a different picture – development teams are working on intelligent w​​atches and cloud based DVR. But nothing shows up in retail stores.

Now, Charlie Gasparino of Fox Business Network, being informed by trusty sources, is claiming that CEO Tim Cook is under pressure from the board to come up with something ground-breaking. He goes on to say that the picture he paints is not all bleak – the board is not looking to replace mister Cook, but is just expressing genuine concerns. The main problem seems to be the fact that Apple’s stock has fallen from the all-time high down 35% so the members are a little bit worried, of course. Apple’s board is made up of notable personalities like Millard Drexler, Al Gore and Bill Campbell, among others.

The iWatch was brought into discussion as an answer to the problems raised by the board, but apparently, the slow evolution of the product doesn’t make a lot of board members happy.

Anyhow, Apple is widely expected to unveil a number of brand new products this autumn. Will they manage to save Tim Cook from scrutiny?

Source: MacRumors

In the past year Apple has released iOS 6. the iPhone 5, iPad mini, and iPad 4.

In the past year Apple has released iOS 6. the iPhone 5, iPad mini, and iPad 4.
The board wants "ground breaking". All of those devices are "more of the same".

Apple should have been the first to release a laptop/tablet combo. They were beat out by Microsoft. That's inexcusable. Jobs would never have let that happen.

Sorry I have to disagree regard a combo. MacBook Air is a perfect answer to any user wanting a a small light weight laptop. The so call combos are not selling The surface (both)models are dead in the water. Asus transformer is overpriced and is on the slow list plus any similar products are slow movers. Just my 10 cents worth

Sorry I have to disagree regard a combo. MacBook Air is a perfect answer to any user wanting a a small light weight laptop. The so call combos are not selling The surface (both)models are dead in the water. Asus transformer is overpriced and is on the slow list plus any similar products are slow movers. Just my 10 cents worth
You missed my point. Apple is known for "innovation" (yes, yes, I know a lot of other companies had prototypes of things Apple eventually released - FIRST). So as the innovators - they should have never let any company release a combo ahead of them. There are only "so many" truly "new" items to invent in the way of personal data management. The "combo" should have been another "Apple First". 10's of thousands of us are out here with our iPad in a folio case with keyboards - using a combinations of touching the screen and typing. It IS the way of the future. Apple should have released it first and now be totally dominating the combo industry. Jobs would have totally dominated the combo thing.

I appreciate your comments however I can assure you I did not miss the point. If you choose to continue this conversation I suggest if you are not already a member of ipadforums.net that you join the forum and create a new thread to discuss the subject of combo's. This forum is about iPhones and this discussion has moved off track. The forum is located at Apple iPad Forum.

Thank you

Colin

col.bris
Administrator
iPhone forums.net, ipadforums.net, appleforums.net