What's new

Tim Cook Tells Apple Employees in Leaked E-Mail That Apple Will Not Change

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
64-albums3-picture136.JPG

Following on from the sad news yesterday of Steve JobsÂ’ resignation as Apple CEO (although he has now been appointed Apple Chairman), MacRumors reports today that JobsÂ’ newly appointed successor, Tim Cook, has written an internal e-mail to Apple employees, which Ars Technica managed to get hold of today, and which it says is from a trusted source, and with verified headers. ItÂ’s an important email, with Cook reassuring Apple employees, and of course the intently watching wider world as well, that Apple will continue to thrive under his stewardship.

Team:
I am looking forward to the amazing opportunity of serving as CEO of the most innovative company in the world. Joining Apple was the best decision I've ever made and it's been the privilege of a lifetime to work for Apple and Steve for over 13 years. I share Steve's optimism for Apple's bright future.

Steve has been an incredible leader and mentor to me, as well as to the entire executive team and our amazing employees. We are really looking forward to Steve's ongoing guidance and inspiration as our Chairman.

I want you to be confident that Apple is not going to change. I cherish and celebrate Apple's unique principles and values. Steve built a company and culture that is unlike any other in the world and we are going to stay true to that—it is in our DNA. We are going to continue to make the best products in the world that delight our customers and make our employees incredibly proud of what they do.

I love Apple and I am looking forward to diving into my new role. All of the incredible support from the Board, the executive team and many of you has been inspiring. I am confident our best years lie ahead of us and that together we will continue to make Apple the magical place that it is.
Tim
TUAW also posts a very interesting article about the man who Steve Jobs personally requested replace him as CEO in his resignation letter. The writer, Michael Grothaus, talks about his first ever meeting with Tim Cook, and says that since that first meeting, “I have never once worried about Apple post-Steve Jobs.” Check it out, it’s a great article.

Source: Tim Cook to Apple Employees: "Apple is Not Going to Change" - Mac Rumors
Exclusive: Tim Cook e-mails Apple employees: "Apple is not going to change"
Tim Cook: my first-person impression of Apple's new CEO | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

this will still not change my mind we will see changes and i think its mostly going to be in the product line nothing more he has tried for the last 4 years to push more apple products but the board has given him a hard time

"I love Apple and I am looking forward to diving into my new role" Tim ............we pray for you mr.Tim hope to have alot