What's new

Casting problems

Soundcraft8000

Reaction score
Been incredibly frustrated trying to cast from an iphone8 to a firetv as well as a google chrome cast ultra. Out of 15 different apps and methods of trying to cast - AllCast, google home, trying to cast from Dropbox, etc, only 1 actually recognizes the fire tv, but it refuses to start playing a video, and only the YouTube app recognizes the Chromecast and works. The chrome cast has been set up properly and and the phone is on the same WiFi network as the chromcast

I want the be able to have music, pictures and videos in cloud storage like Dropbox and cast them to either the fire tv or Chromecast from my iPhone 8. Why is it so unbelievably difficult to get it to work??? Help please!

Are you talking about iTunes content? If so, you can’t stream it to the FireTV as it won’t stream to any non Apple device. If you had an Apple TV there would be no problem.

Well, I wouldn’t mind using a different player.. like I said, I just want to keep the files on a cloud server so I can access them from anywhere