iPhoneForums.net News Team
- Jun 15, 2010
- Reaction score
- Bay Area, CA
Today it looks like Amazon is looking to take on Google's $35 Chromecast, announcing the new $39 Fire TV Stick. The Stick is a tiny dongle, which connects to a TV via HDMI, allowing its users to fling content, such as movies and photos, straight to the TV.
The dongle features 1GB of RAM, 8GB of storage, a dual-core processor, as well as dual antenna MIMO WiFi. Not only can users play content from smartphones and tables, but the dongle comes pack with built-in goodies such as Netflix, Prime Instant Video, Hulu Plus, WatchESPN, NBA Game Time, Prime Music, Pandora, Spotify and more.
- Powerful performance — 4x the storage and 2x the memory of Chromecast, plus a dual-core processor and 1 GB of memory.
- Massive selection — Over 200,000 TV episodes and movies, millions of songs, and hundreds of games. Learn more
- Free 30-day Prime trial — Unlimited access to thousands of popular movies and TV episodes including award-winning series from HBO and exclusive titles like Alpha House, plus new Prime Music.
- Instant streaming with ASAP — No more waiting for your movies and shows to buffer—ASAP learns what movies and shows you like so they start instantly
- Dedicated remote and app for easy use — With the Amazon Fire TV Remote that comes in the box or the free app on your Android device (iOS coming soon), you have all the controls you need to easily search, navigate, and play games
- Voice search that actually works — Simply say what you want to watch and start enjoying in seconds with the free app or Amazon Fire TV Voice Remote (sold separately)
- Connect your small screen to your big screen — Fire TV Stick lets you fling your favorite apps to your TV to free up your small screen for other uses. Or mirror your phone or tablet to your TV.
- Great for gaming, too — Play favorite titles like Flappy Birds Family, Toy Story: Smash It!, Monsters University, and more great games