What's new

Case Question

NickC

Reaction score
For those that have the 4S, do iPhone4 cases fit the 4S? Like I am thinking about getting the Otterbox Defender off of Amazon, but they don't say iPhone4S they say iPhone4 I am just wondering if it will fit? Please help :p

Ah well i'm Using the mophie juice pack case which was originally for the 4, but it fit in the 4S as well even though the side sound mute button is not completely centered to match the case. And my guest is that most of the other cases certainly fit in the 4S as well.

When buying an iP4 case for your 4S it's a good idea to look for the Verizon (CDMA) iP4 version. However, I know from experience that the OtterBox Defender fror iP4 At&t (GSM) or Verizon (CDMA) will work on the 4S. Only thing w/ the At&t version is the silent switch doesn't sit perfectly centered in it's perspective opening in the case... but doesn't effect it's operation. Hope this helps. :)

From a couple of YouTube videos I've seen the 4s will fit in the defender series for the 4.

Hi guys, what is your opinion on what may be the best 'battery' case out for the 4s? I do like the look of the morphie juice but I have come across a case that states its the thinnest case around and that is Q-POWER FC8
Does anyone know anything about these. Cheers :)

That one is for the iPhone 4 and although the 4s will work in it, it is not the same. Look at the picture you posted and you need to find one that has a larger hole for the camera. If you look close at your picture it has 2 small holes for the camera. Not as good for the 4s. Also, the hole on the front is different. As a second thought, I have had both on my 4s and the one made especially for the 4s is a tighter better case. The silicon does not come off as easily. At least this is my experience.

Hope this helps,
HiddenPuppy

I ordered a Defender from Amazon that said it would fit iPhone 4 and 4s. When it arrived it was a 4s-specific case. I don't think Amazon pays much attention to the difference, but I was pleasantly surprised since I have a 4s!

I had a iphone 4 before buying the 4s and tried using the otterbox defender case I used on my 4 and there were two problems, first the camera would take really poor pictures because they re-did the camera in the 4s ( the 4s case has a huge round hole and the 4 a small hole) and the second problem was the switch on the side of the 4s that allows you to turn the ringer on and off was lower on the 4 then the 4s so it was a bit harder to use the switch on the 4s in a otterbox defender 4 case. I bought a 4s case and everything is fine now. I would not use the defender 4 case on your 4s unless the two reasons above don't make a difference to you
best regards

Hello from the frozen north. I recently obtained a 4s from Verizon and my son got a 4 from Rogers/ATT here in Canada. his case does not fit mine. the dimensions are the same but the vibrate on/off switch beside the volume is slightly closer but enough that the case interferes with it cusing the case to bulge there. I don't know if this is from a generational {4/4s} difference or a result of proprietary issues with Verizon or other carriers, given that Verizon is a CDMA based system compared to the more broad GSM. I have looked at many outlets on the web but have not found any retailers that make the distinction. My son ordered his cases on line from Hong Kong and they fit great at a buck a piece.

Thanks so much. I just posted and there it is . have a great day