What's new

Car Smart or Advanced Key App

OilGuy

Reaction score
I'm looking for an app and have googled quite a bit with little to no success. I believe the app may not exist yet, which is sad. Here my situation, I just purchased a new car recently and it has a 'Smart' Key or 'Advanced' Key I've heard both terms associated with it. The Key allows me to unlock, lock and start the car all WITHOUT ever leaving my pocket. As I approach my car i put my hand through the handle and the car's doors unlock. I don't even have to take the key out of my pocket to start the car; I just push the ignition button in the car. I love this feature, but I would love to get rid of the bulky 'Smart'/'Advanced' key that sits in my pocket.

So I'm looking for an app that would act as my 'Advanced'/'Smart' key and do all the things that the actual keys do. I think that the keys I have work on NFC (Near Field Communication). So I'm afraid that until the iPhone has NFC I will not be able to get an app like this. But I'm wondering if anyone knows if I could get the new Blue Tooth 4.0 to do a similar function the NFC does.

I have looked into the Viper app and that's not at all what I'm looking for....b/c the Viper app would require me to pull my phone out to unlock the car. I'm not looking to do that, although it would get rid of my keys it would require more work for me to get in and out of my car than it does now.

Any thoughts? Like I said, I think what I'm trying to do would have to utilize some sort of Bluetooth mechanism.

Thanks!

Will