What's new

Can't upgrade jailbroken iPhone 4S to iOS 6

jkhonea

Reaction score
Trying to restore the phone to the iOS 6 update. Having no luck. Every time I try to connect, I get an error saying there is an error downloaded requested software for the iPhone, that requested resource is not found. Any thoughts on how to get around this?

Not nice Hook, and not gonna happen. ROFL

Error message 3194? If that's what your getting I can help you

OK, but I'm not going to mess up my iPhone 5 by jail breaking it. And don't even think about trying to talk me into it :)

Actually not even getting an error code. And Hook, trust me, I've got no need to jailbreak again. I'm trying to remove jailbreak to install iOS 6. Looking around, looks like it might be a matter of installing in DFU mode. I've downloaded the file, just waiting to my iPad to finish to try it.

Actually not even getting an error code. And Hook, trust me, I've got no need to jailbreak again. I'm trying to remove jailbreak to install iOS 6. Looking around, looks like it might be a matter of installing in DFU mode. I've downloaded the file, just waiting to my iPad to finish to try it.
I got errors too, my phone is the iPhone 4S jailbroken with Absinthe 2.0. What I did was hooked my iPhone up and allowed iTunes to restore and upgrade. It took some time but it worked perfectly.

I also had to do a restore and upgrade on my jailbroken 4

That is the problem I'm having. Won't even start the restore process here. Just gives the error listed above and won't go further.

That's what I'm thinking. Already downloaded the file. Hopefully this should knock it out. Will try it next.

May have found part of the issue. The latest Mountain Lion update also hadn't installed yet. That could be what's kicking it off. Waiting for that to download now. What a fun night. Lol

Just to update, figured I should add in the conclusion. I did have iTunes updated but apparently did not have Mountain Lion updated. Did that and got progress with it. Then had to DFU the phone to get the connection. Once I managed DFU mode, I was good to go. Got hold of my files and restored. Of course I had to start from scratch but it wasn't too painful.

Anyway, thanks for the help on this and helping point me in the right direction.