What's new

Can't update iPhone 4 to iOS 6

No. The OP has this iPhone, which is the Global GSM model and is a true factory unlocked iPhone

Apple iPhone 4 GSM Unlocked - 8GB, White (MD198LL/A)

What I don't understand is why Apple classifies it as a 3,1 instead of the intended 3,2. If you haven't already, upgrade to iTunes 11 and see if that changes anything. But from what I'm getting at, there is no 6.0.1 for the Global. I have a Cloud Drive that's shared with a few colleagues and we update it with any new IPSW that're released. I'm not seeing the 6.0.1 for the 3,2 only for the 3,1 and the 3,3

willerz2 said:
No. The OP has this iPhone, which is the Global GSM model and is a true factory unlocked iPhone

Apple iPhone 4 GSM Unlocked - 8GB, White (MD198LL/A)

What I don't understand is why Apple classifies it as a 3,1 instead of the intended 3,2. If you haven't already, upgrade to iTunes 11 and see if that changes anything. But from what I'm getting at, there is no 6.0.1 for the Global. I have a Cloud Drive that's shared with a few colleagues and we update it with any new IPSW that're released. I'm not seeing the 6.0.1 for the 3,2 only for the 3,1 and the 3,3

well that's strange... :|