What's new

Can’t transfer photos from phone to computer

GIJeff

Reaction score
I’ve been trying off and on for years to transfer photos from my iPhone XR to my computer using the import feature from the Photos program on my Windows 10 computer. Every single time, after a handful of photos (sometimes a couple, sometimes a few hundred), it errors out and gives me the “Something went wrong…” error and it stops importing. I have about 7k photos stuck on my phone that I can’t get off.

-I’ve used multiple lightning cords, thinking it may be the cord
-it happens on both my desktop PC and my laptop, so it isn’t just one computer that is a problem
-I have the “Download and keep originals” option checked under Settings -> Photos, so I don’t think they are all on the cloud
-I only have the basic 5gb iCloud storage which is full, so the remaining 50gb+ aren’t stored there.
-I have it set to never auto lock or time out, so my phone is not turning off or locking in the middle of it and stopping the transfer. It’s on the whole time.

Any advice on how to transfer photos off of my phone? Pretty frustrating.. shouldn’t this be a basic feature of the phone??