What's new

Cant sync two iTunes accounts

acemano69

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I have two different iTunes accounts on one computer. She can sync my music from my account but I can't sync hers. Apps and everything else are linked music just doesn't want to sync. I've tried authorizing both accounts dragging and dropping and I still can't get it to work ...... Any ideas

Ya have to click on "Music" tab above big window that shows your iPhones info when plugged in. Then check "Sync Music" or sync preferred playlist.

Mary123 said:
make a different user account on the comp

Sent from my iPhone using Doopris

That is the best way to do it...how me and my girl do it, but I am pretty sure they want to share one iTunes application.

Mary123 said:
well. that is not easy maybe impossible with 2 diff accounts

Huh? How this this be "impossible". Accounts have nothing to do this.

Mary123 said:
i meant that its hard to do one itunes with two apple ids. lol

Oh....well, yeah I think I know what you mean. Do both of you not have the same music?

That still should have nothing to do with syncing music to your device. Not if the music you want is in that iTunes. Doesn't matter what account you are on. Music in the iTunes library does not change when you sign into a different account.

Mary123 said:
It certainly does change. because on my comp, i am the administrator. and my daughter has her own user account. the itunes libraries are very different.

What does that have to go with iTunes changing its music content when logged into a different account?

Mary123 said:
It certainly does change. because on my comp, i am the administrator. and my daughter has her own user account. the itunes libraries are very different.

Nothing changes at all. Except for the fact your logged into a different account.
Just to be sure iTunes 10.6.1 didn't have a major change like that in the update, I just logged into my girlfriends account in my iTunes.

Nothing changes. All my music was still there. Which I knew would happen.

If that happens iTunes would have Delet/move all your music and then download all the music from the account in which you logged into. Which more than unethical.

Mary123 said:
what i meant was that they need to have separate user accounts so that they can sync it properly. youre very sassy. do u know that?

Oh sorry. Sassy huh? Okay.

Mary123 said:
u always think youre right.

Oh.....I guess I do huh?

No biggie. Don't gots a problem admitting being wrong either. No need to get worked up. I'm not upset.lol. Tho you sound so.

As that is why I am here....to help people and to be corrected when I need to be. Mad at me or something? Why can't we be friends?

User accounts for the computer will change The music libraries. Two different Apple IDs on one user account will not. I think that's the confusion between y'all. Haha.

DRad2003 said:
User accounts for the computer will change The music libraries. Two different Apple IDs on one user account will not. I think that's the confusion between y'all. Haha.

Yup. You got it. Hate it when that happens.lol.

Haha. Yeah, well, I don't think it would be an issue if Apple would make iTunes more user friendly. Everything else they make is pretty much streamlined. iTunes is the exception.

Mary123 said:
i want to get along. but if you on thinking ur right about everything. well…

Who doesn't think they are right about things they have been playing with for years.

I think I'm right about most of the stuff I say....but when I'm not......and get corrected.....I'm appreciative for it. I would rather be corrected than think I'm right about something I'm not.

I have been playing with iTunes and iDevices for over 3 years...it's not like I never know what I'm talking about. I'm just wrong sometimes, And for that I am sorry.....but I can't really do anything about that. Sometimes people are wrong.

No need to be so negative towards me.

I I keep thinking I'm right about everything?

Why do you assume I must be wrong about everything? Since that is exactly what you insinuate when you tell me to stop thinking I'm right about everything......

I don't see what is wrong with thinking your right about something when you are also open to being corrected. Which I am.

And I don't think I am right about "everything". I would never tell someone to do something (or tell someone about something) with a definite result of something I truly have no knowledge of at all.

I appreciate everybody's input. It's two different ids on one computer although I can see her music and I can see my music only my music goes on my iPod or my phone but all my music and her music will go on her iPhone ?????? I've tried changing setting and authorizing and deauthorizing the computer I've tried manually dragging and dropping the music I've tried just about everything. Still won't sync