What's new

Can't sync or backup in itunes

Cornfucious

Reaction score
So far this forum has not helped me at all very disappointing ....... Jailbroken iPhone can't sync or backup in iTunes ,iTunes does not recognize my iPhone tells me to restore...yes I'm using the right USB cable yes I've updated itunes10.4 , i even tried jailbreaking to DFU mode wouldn't work stops at the end or should say never finishes... Someone here must know how to solve my problem??? Please help

Cornfucious said:
So far this forum has not helped me at all very disappointing ....... Jailbroken iPhone can't sync or backup in iTunes ,iTunes does not recognize my iPhone tells me to restore...yes I'm using the right USB cable yes I've updated itunes10.4 , i even tried jailbreaking to DFU mode wouldn't work stops at the end or should say never finishes... Someone here must know how to solve my problem??? Please help

There has been users here that have been trying to help you. If you would like complete help please refer to the correct section.

Like iCrank said, you need to stay in one forum and not make a post in every forum. It makes it very difficult to help you.

I have read over your other posts and what I notice is that:

1. You are using an old version of iTunes, you should be using the newest version 1.4
2. If iTunes tells you that you need to restore your iPhone then it is detecting it just fine.

Are you able to boot to your springboard on your device or do you get a "connect to itunes" logo? If you are getting the connect to iTunes logo you need to restore. If you have SHSH blobs saved for older firmware files you can restore a firmware that has an untethered jailbreak available. Otherwise you will need to restore to the most current firmware.

Please only reply to this post.

Yes everything works great just can't sync or backup in iTunes ... Just used copytrans to remove some iPod songs which is the main reason for iTunes sync but figured away around iTunes ... Would like to solve iTunes problem though... Thx for ur help...

Jailbroken redsnow 9-rc16 4.3.3, iPad baseband 6:15:00 unlocked with ultrasnow

Jailbroken redsnow 9-rc16 4.3.3, iPad baseband 6:15:00 unlocked with ultrasnow

If you try to restore your phone iTunes will give you headache if you are willing to stay on iOS 4.3.3 avoid to restore is your best choice by these time. iTunes is not stupid anymore nowadays specially if you are running the latest version of iTunes.

No, it is not possible for you to get a new baseband. Once you have updated to 06.15.00 you are stuck there for good. Also, if you want to restore you have to restore a CUSTOM firmware. If you try to restore normally you will get an iTunes baseband panic once it detects that you are on the 06.15.00 baseband.

So my iTunes problem can't be fixed without causing more headaches??????? . If you would please give your recommendation as to what I should do with syncing problems and backup problems ... I've used "copytransmanager" to delete music from iPod on iPhone , which was my reason for iTunes sync. Thx for all the help ...