What's new

Can't sync Calendars

jazzyella

Reaction score
Hi

I sync my iphone 4 through itunes, it looks like it's all worked, then I check outlook and items I've added to my calendar on my iphone haven't been updated to my outlook calendar.

Spent 1hr 10mins on phone to apple today and they don't know what problem is. They say it's not a problem with the phone but it seems a bit of a co-incidence that I didn't have a problem until I had my iphone 4. I've had an iphone, iphone 3 and iphone 3gs and had no problems with this issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure you are looking at the same calendar? More than likely you have a default one then one you use on outlook. I would check to make sure the one you are adding events to in the phone is the same one you are looking at in outlook on your pc.

Still not resolved unfortunately but thanks for reply.
I've only got one calendar on my pc in Outlook 2007 and previously its always synced fine to previous iphones, but never successfully to the iphone4.
I've checked all settings and all seem ok.
Any suggestions gratefully received...

Thanks

I sync my iPhone 4 with my outlook and select MERGE info, BUT I tried syncing to my desktop at work AND laptop at home, and the home laptop would wipe out some of the appointments. I have missed 4 appointments so far and it is terribly embarassing. I just tried a sync with outlook and the Yahoo calendar hoping that would work, but Yahoo screwed up the times even though I selected the right time zone. Still am scared to sync anything to my laptop, but feeling frustrated as well. (I've had my ohone for over a month, got it the day before the official release)

hey jazzyella,

I have the same problem too. Anything I enter into outlook gets into my Iphone4 when I sync through I tunes. But anything that I enter directly into Iphone4 doesn't get synced into Outlook 2007. I hope someone can find an answer soon or maybe if you've already found a solution?

thanks,
chuangxd

My solution is not really a solution, but I stopped using the Outlook calendar altogether and just use Google calendar. Its better because I never really have to sync anything, just open it up from any computer or the phone and its all there. Only problem I had recently was one with time zones. It switched on me when i traveled but it was the wrong info.

Hey guys,

I FOUND THE ANSWER!!!!

go to settings then mail contacts, and calendar

go ll the way down to default calendar

then choose calendar from my pc as opposed to whatever else.

FROM HERE ON
all your contacts and calendar will sync but not the before ones cuz they were synced with the other calendar

Chuangxd