What's new

Can't send emails with gmail but can receive on iPhone 6

tsmrg

Reaction score
Hie, I have been having this problem for long and even on my previous iPhone 4s. I have set up my gmail mail by : settings-Mail, contacts, calendar > add account > Google and set it up. I can receive all my emails without a problem but I CAN NOT SEND. I have tried setting with Exchange but I still can't send. Please help me, I don't want to use other apps for my gmail. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone 6

Do you use 2 step verification for your Google account? You'd need an app specific password in that case.

I am not sure about 2 step verification, I mean I do not know about it. What can I do to get it fixed, I will have to solve it assuming i am using the two step verification, thanks for responding

Sent from my iPhone 6

If you use 2 step verification, you get "Incorrect password" when you set up the account on your iPhone. If you didn't see that, you don't use it.

Try clicking "Continue" on this site using your iPhone:
Sign in - Google Accounts

This will prove your identity and unlock the account. Maybe it'll solve your problem.

I do not get the "incorrect password " when i set up the account. It verifies without any problems, put all the ticks that it's verified and adds the account. Can receive all the emails. I clicked "continue " , removed the account , added again as above but it still can't send

Sent from my iPhone 6

dd06aca80d594041d83ab46ed6f70def.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6

Sure, I have an Exchange account that sends and receives email without a problem

Sent from my iPhone 6

Is IMAP enabled in your Gmail account online? This doesn't mean in Settings - Mail, ... - the account on your iPhone.

Access your Gmail account using a browser. Request the desktop site and go to your Gmail account's settings there. Look at "Forwarding and POP/IMAP". Make sure IMAP is selected there. If it isn't, change it and save this setting.

I don't know if you're able to see that pic, it is already enabled; I checked using my PC. Thanks for responding, was very busy and couldn't respond quickly

Sent from my iPhone 6

And now it gives me this error below in the screen shot if you can see it

Sent from my iPhone 6

No problem. :)
I can see the images.

Take a look at your Outgoing Mail Server settings on the iPhone. (Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - the Gmail account - Outgoing Mail Server:
Tap SMTP and make sure the primary server is Gmail SMTP Server and on.