What's new

Can't open phone

bikerart

Reaction score
This used to happen just once in a while, now it is happening frequently. I can not get the phone to open when I have an incoming call, the screen shows "slide to unlock" but I can't open it, it will not slide to the right side.

This only happens when I have a call come in. Any other time I can slide to open. My software is up to date, this is a 3G not even a year old.

I have to wait for the phone to stop ringing and the screen turns black, before I can have the "slide to unlock" work.

bikerart said:
This used to happen just once in a while, now it is happening frequently. I can not get the phone to open when I have an incoming call, the screen shows "slide to unlock" but I can't open it, it will not slide to the right side.

This only happens when I have a call come in. Any other time I can slide to open. My software is up to date, this is a 3G not even a year old.

I have to wait for the phone to stop ringing and the screen turns black, before I can have the "slide to unlock" work.

Try a hard reset. If that doesn't work then you might have to restore it.

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

bikerart said:

Perhaps turn off auto lock if there is a bug?

Hard reset the iPhone, if that doesn't help then factory reset it.

OK thanks all, I have done the Hard Reset, I will let you know how it goes. This forum and it's contributors are great. Now if anyone can find me a used 2003 Sportster clutch, that would make my day!!!

bikerart said:
OK thanks all, I have done the Hard Reset, I will let you know how it goes. This forum and it's contributors are great. Now if anyone can find me a used 2003 Sportster clutch, that would make my day!!!

Lol, Craigslist would probably be the best bet for finding that part :D!!

Been there done that no luck. Had to buy new parts, oh well.

bikerart said:
Been there done that no luck. Had to buy new parts, oh well.

Did your issue get resolved.

Yes his issue is solved, see on his post on top, he said he will be back about how it goes, I think he means that he will try the phone for days and see if it's stable or if the issue will appear again.

bab2010 said:
Yes his issue is solved, see on his post on top, he said he will be back about how it goes, I think he means that he will try the phone for days and see if it's stable or if the issue will appear again.

It's been 2 days and no word about it. His above statement didn't say anything about it being solved.

bab2010 said:

It's been 2 days and no word about it. His above statement didn't say anything about it being solved.

I don't know but I assume that it was solved. Well I hope he will be back with a feedback soon.

Still waiting to see if it does it again, so far so good. not many incoming calls lately. I always thank and feedback.