What's new

Can't delete a calendar event

Charles Clinkscales

Reaction score
I am unable to delete ANY calendar events because I cannot find a "delete" button anywhere in the calendar app

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

When you tap an event, you‘ll get the option to remove it at the bottom of the popup.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

When you tap an event, you‘ll get the option to remove it at the bottom of the popup.
Nope. I don't

When I tap an event on calendar, it opens a list of calendar events with that one at the top and several others which follow. There is no option to delete.

At the bottom are three choices in RED lettering "Today" (which takes me to today's date), "Calendars" (which takes me to list of calendar, US Holidays, birthdays) and "Inbox" (which is empty)

no delete option

I've read "got to calendars tap the red 'i' and....." but there is NO RED i next to birthdays. However there is a red i next to calendar and US holidays

I cannot find a delete ANYWHERE for events

Please help. Very frustrated.
Thanks

To remove one event, follow these instructions:

Open Month view in the app, so that it looks like this:
D016ECEC-4001-4F38-9D1D-C13725606690.jpeg

The days with dots are those with events. Select one of those days, to see the event(s) on that day:
81C008C3-3B42-4B94-98A8-13DE5AF3E4A2.jpeg

Tap the event there, and you’ll get to this page:
A61531C9-1DB0-410C-9805-A40AED0A447C.jpeg

At the bottom, you can delete the event.

when I am in that screen, there are NO EVENTS listed any time of the day... nothing to tap
At the top of the screen is says "birthday" across the top of the "times of day"

So there is nothing on the "day" to tap

There is no delete at the bottom. Think I'm going to take to apple store

Do you want to remove a birthday or another kind of event?

If there’s an all day event like this:
58083933-6A5F-4416-BABA-A4E75CB8DEFB.jpeg

just tap the event, and you can remove it.

Birthdays are connected to your contacts or synced to the Calendar app by other apps, such as Facebook, e.g. There should be a Birthday calendar, where you can disable all birthdays from your contacts in the Contacts app.

Yes it's just llike that except no name. When i tap it, it takes me to a "contact" which has been deleted. so NO NAME, no contact info, nothing there but the birthdate

tapping the birthdate only let me change the type of calendar or the date.

I just found that SWIPING the birthdate to the left brought up the DELETE tab next to it on the right.

UGHHHHH. SO GLAD THAT'S ENDED

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!

have a great day