What's new

can't connect to iCloud Control Panel

jntdroid

Reaction score
I keep getting the error in the image below. Tried disabling my firewall, same result. Tried on two different iCloud accounts, both of which I can log in through the web portal - same result on both. Tried reinstalling/repairing... no luck. Any ideas?

edit: also tried from two different locations - here at home, as well as logged into my office computer

Attachments

• $icloud_error.jpg
    $icloud_error.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 632
Last edited:
The only other factor I can think of, and I can't understand why it would matter, is my phone is not actually activated on my Verizon account right now... but I'm running on my home wifi which is solid. Maybe the iCloud Control Panel requires some sort of carrier verification? I don't know... iCloud itself works fine.

This was one of the main features that brought me back to Apple from Android and I'm very frustrated I can't get it to work... since, you know, it's supposed to "just work". I'm not seeing anybody else with this problem, so it must be something I've done, but I can't pinpoint it.

I've exhausted every option I can think of... I'm truly stumped on this one - and clearly it's not a common issue!

Hey I am having the EXACT same problem here.

I have tried reinstalling iCloud Control Panel.
Turning off all firewall.
And also tried waiting till the next day to see if their servers were having trouble! BUT TO NO AVAIL!!!

Someone please have an answer!!!

I finally figured it out - a program we've had on our computers for years that I never think about, Covenant Eyes, was the culprit. So if you have any sort of filter or internet log software, that could be the problem.

I am having the same problem. How can I find out what is causing the problem?