What's new

Can't add specific MP3s to iTunes library

avrahams1

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a weird problem adding a few MP3 files to my itunes library.
Its also worth noting I'm running iTunes on Windows7 and sync data to an iPhone 4S.

When I drag&drop the MP3 files to iTunes, I don't get any feedback - No warning/error message, no loading progress bar appears in the top part of iTunes like when adding other MP3s, nothing.
When searching this problem online all I got is people suggesting to play the MP3 through iTunes to see if the file format is compatible, and if it plays it should add the song automatically to my library, otherwise I know the song's format is malformed.

In my case though the songs play perfectly through iTunes, but I still have no way of adding them to the library.

Did anyone encounter this problem, or has any insight as to how to fix it/go around it?
Or am I missing some way of diagnosing the problem? Is there an error log file for iTunes?

EDIT: In case you need any more information about the problem please say, I'm more than willing to provide as much information as needed to solve this issue.

Thanks for your help,
Avi.

Last edited:
I've deleted the other post you made on this same topic. Besides fragmenting any resulting conversation making it hard to follow, duplicate posting is against our rules.

In iTunes, what happens if you try to add the MP3(s)? In other words, if you go to File > Add File to Library (in iTunes) and select one or more of your MP3s, does that make it get added to iTunes?

Maybe the newest version of iTunes doesn't work well with drag 'n' drop...

Marilyn

In iTunes, what happens if you try to add the MP3(s)? In other words, if you go to File > Add File to Library (in iTunes) and select one or more of your MP3s, does that make it get added to iTunes?

Maybe the newest version of iTunes doesn't work well with drag 'n' drop...

Marilyn
Tried that too, same behavior.

I forgot to mention that 99% of the time I don't have any problem adding MP3s to my library and syncing to my phone, only specific MP3s have this issue although they do play on any player including the iTunes player.

Last edited: