What's new

Cannot Import on New IPHONE4 32GB SW Version 4.3.1 ITUNES 10.2.1.1

jguilfoy

Reaction score
Hi

I was hoping someone can help me.

I’ve recently been given an IPHONE4 32GB by my Main contractor, nice eh J

My IT department have installed ITUNES so I can manage my phone.

I have upgraded my IPHONE SW Version 4.3.1

So this is my first IPHONE though I do have the new IPOD TOUCH which is the same minus the phone element.

So on my work Laptop when I click to add items to my library e.g. import, they do not import.

Now I did connect this IPHONE TO my Home laptop to charge it and I wonder if there is some association with that laptop where as I want to control this with my work laptop.

Please can anyone give me advice on what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks

Jimmy

Hello!

It is very lucky of you that you got a iphone 4 from work for free ! every one at my work is also given free iphones but the 3gs not the 4 lol..

but any way it sounds to me like you have formats that itunes does not like. usually when something will not add to itunes it means that it does not like the file type your trying to add to the library..

what files are you trying to add?

Which computer was it activated on? Home computer or your work laptop? That may be your problem.

Hi

I was hoping someone can help me.

I’ve recently been given an IPHONE4 32GB by my Main contractor, nice eh J

My IT department have installed ITUNES so I can manage my phone.

I have upgraded my IPHONE SW Version 4.3.1

So this is my first IPHONE though I do have the new IPOD TOUCH which is the same minus the phone element.

So on my work Laptop when I click to add items to my library e.g. import, they do not import.

Now I did connect this IPHONE TO my Home laptop to charge it and I wonder if there is some association with that laptop where as I want to control this with my work laptop.

Please can anyone give me advice on what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks

Jimmy

Where are you trying to add items to your iTunes library from?

I just reformatted my computer and had to install windows again. When I got around to installing iTunes and the iTunes library I selected to add an entire folder instead of am individual file. Have you tried this also?

Ok Please don’t laugh at me……but I know you will ;-)

Ok I had no music in the office to try and import so I could test and all I had were Video files….

Guess what I was trying to Import yep you guessed it *.avi

So I have no issues at all and Im ok.

But a little embarrassed ;-)

Thanks for the replies though

Jimmy

we have all been there... i remember in 2007 i tried doing the same thing. but if you download vlc player or cineXplayer you can just upload the xvid or similar file types in itunes to the app and it works very well on the ip4 saves having to convert files to say .mp4