What's new

' Cannot get mail' error

dyer646

Reaction score
The connection to server failed

Anyone suggest why I'm getting this error come up?

Last edited:
There are a lot of email providers and I have no idea who yours is. Maybe give us some more detail? Are you getting a good data signal?

It seems to be my exchange account which is BT, i am having some problems imessaging , not sure if this is linked? Never had any issues with my 4s

iMessage has been down a few times, even recently but I personally don't think that they are linked.
I remember having this issue before, exchange emails (usually for work) require that both accounts at work and phone passwords match. Make sure that the password is the same for both. That, or somewhere in the process of syncing the phone, phone synced a previous account?

If anything, try removing the exchange account and adding it back in the queue.

I deleted exchange account and all seems to be good .. Do I need to put exchange account back in?

You can now add your Exchange email account. Some cases, iTunes will sync a previous version/state of the email accounts (ie: password, domain, server address changes etc).

Try this and let us know how it goes. Cheers,

Will let you know when I try, but before I do ... Do i put in the same exchange account had before removing it?